Icas

EmmaS
EmmaS Registered Posts: 7 Regular contributor ⭐
Hey Guys,

I am trying to finish my ICAS (inkwell) project, but I’m really struggling now that I am coming to the end. I have done all the sections but have had feedback from my tutor on where I have not covered the criteria.

Firstly, I listed all the things I thought was needed in an accounting system but the feed back states that I need to state IWLs requirements? I thought that would have been covered there. I also need to demonstrate here how an accounting system is affected by its type, size structure ect and how it differs according to the organisation.

I also thought that the system itself seemed to be working ok, more the users that were causing problems but my tutor suggested it seems not to be working.

I don’t know where to start for how the accounting system supports internal control? Or how to go about the benefit of different types of systems and packages? Am I supposed to research different packages and the cost of these?

I’m starting to lose motivation with it now :001_unsure:

If anyone has any advice or tips I would be extremely grateful :001_smile:

Thanks

Emma

Comments

• Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Emma,

With my software comparison I created an excel list of three/four programmes and what they included (google saved my life!!) I made it look a bit like the one I get from mobile phone companies when comparing phones.

I also have IWL with BPP and have found their workbook really great. Each section gives guidelines for what to cover on each and every paragraph/sub paragraph.

Thank heaven for the forum!! Who are you studying with?
  • EmmaS
    Hey,

Thanks for your reply and tip, I'll have a look on google, see what I can come up with. I should be able to put that in the appendix and refer to it shouldn't I? I just want it done now! its driving me nuts! haha

Im doing it with Home Learning College, It has guidelines for all the sections but not for each bit of criteria if that makes sence? I have also gone well over on my word count after my previous tutrial comments having to add bits so need to try compress it a bit.

I have PTX exam next week so have put this on the back burner the last week, but need to get it sorted really..

completely agree the forum is a massive help :)

I know this is well off the subject, but do you know if there is anyway I can get thr forum to notify me if I get a reply??
  • Whirlwind
    EmmaS wrote: »
    I know this is well off the subject, but do you know if there is anyway I can get thr forum to notify me if I get a reply??

If you look under advanced options, you can subscribe to the thread and you can choose how often you are notified. Its a great way of knowing that you have an answer.

I have been told I can upload my draft a whole month early so really excited, although its putting my proof reader under pressure!! Serves her right for saying that she enjoys these types of report in her physio work!!

Keep up the good work end is in sight!!
  • EmmaS
    I must be missing something, I cannot find advanced options? I bet its right in front of me too! haha

That's good :o) fingers crossed you get it all done before Xmas :o)

hoping I will finish mine early too. I have till February though.

Thanks again for the tip I created a comparison table last night, but still have 2 criteria points I need to cover.
    The PIC 1.4 which I have written a bit but don't think its enough and EAS 1.2 I need to re read the case study as I'm sure I remember something about the record keeping system in there.

Then Just need to try compress my words as am well over :(
  • Cudey
    Cudey Registered Posts: 138 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I must be missing something, I cannot find advanced options? I bet its right in front of me too! haha

That's good :o) fingers crossed you get it all done before Xmas :o)

hoping I will finish mine early too. I have till February though.

Thanks again for the tip I created a comparison table last night, but still have 2 criteria points I need to cover.
    The PIC 1.4 which I have written a bit but don't think its enough and EAS 1.2 I need to re read the case study as I'm sure I remember something about the record keeping system in there.

Hey Emma,

If you go to Settings in the top right, then "General Settings" (on the left column half way down, under the My Settings subtitle) then there's an option of "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" This may help you?
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Hi Emma,

To access the advanced settings options, you click on reply and then onto go advanced which is just
    on the left of post quick reply. From there you can subscribe to a thread, which you can then get AAT
    to notify you by email if a reply has been posted. Also in the advanced options, there is a few more
    faces to pick from :wink:
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • Whirlwind
    ... The PIC 1.4 which I have written a bit but don't think its enough and EAS 1.2 I need to re read the case study as I'm sure I remember something about the record keeping system in there.

Our tutor suggested we complete the mapping document on the final submission, but I have uploaded it with the 1st draft - so I don't exactly know if I am on the right track with it.

I found it really difficult to see what type of accounting system used, but by reading between the lines and even working out which words in the paragraph were 'naming' words - tutor seemed happy with what I had written about it.

My proof reader is the opposite of me as I waffle and she doesn't, so it has been a great way of keeping my word count down.

Keep up the good work - I am living proof that it can be done!!
Privacy Policy