Did my spreadsheets exam today

Options
There is not alot of info online about the spreadsheets exam so I thought I would just write about my experience as I was really worried I thought my books were really vague

It was ok, alot of faffing around to start but the questions and layout are very similar to practice ones, one question really caught me out but I read it backwards and it made more sense.

I cannot say how well I did as it takes few weeks to get marked but I am trying to think positive :001_smile:
So to anyone a little worried all I will say is read the question, dont overthink things and just make sure you know basic pivot/charts/lookups oh and I dont know how much difference it makes but dont forget the footer it asks you to do!

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    And don't forget to upload the assessment booklet as well. It's surprising how many students forget to do this.
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    Options
    Oh crap.....
  • coojee
    Options
    Oh crap.....

Have you not done it? Get on to your assessment centre ASAP and ask them to e mail it to either the AAT or your training provider, they'll then be able to upload it for you. If you do it quick then it should still be on the computer you used. It has to come from the centre though and not from you.
  • Clarekaye
    Options
    Would I fail just beacuse of that? :(

My venue were proper funny about letting me take it there anyway cos I was an external student so doubt they will help me if I needed it.
  • coojee
    Options
    Would I fail just beacuse of that? :(

My venue were proper funny about letting me take it there anyway cos I was an external student so doubt they will help me if I needed it.

Possibly but it's less likely for spreadsheets than for computerised accounts. There won't be any answers for the last task so that task will be not competent but that alone shouldn't stop you from passing. The main problem is that there's no feedback sheet for the assessor to fill in. It would need to be agreed between your training provider and the AAT. Try the centre but also contact your provider, I think I know who you're with so they'll do their best to help.
  • Clarekaye
    Options
    Phew!
    I did upload it but I did not put the answers to the last part in the booklet I put them on a sheet on the spreadsheet but she said all the files are there
    See, these are things I didnt know before I went in :/
  • celticghirl
    celticghirl Registered Posts: 20 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    got the exam on Monday, thanks for the advice.:thumbup1:

I agree the books can be quite vague, worried i'll forget how to do something and that will subsequently mess up the rest of my data ............sure it will be fine :huh:
  • Jurgita
    Jurgita Registered Posts: 6 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi all,

I did my SPSW exam yesterday at Kaplan. It seemed to be easy questions.... Just one thing put me out of track:
    I couldn't download exam data from Learnplus, many times I tried and it used to be empty file.... I told to the tuitor about my probelm, and it took about 40 min till they sorted it.... I was so nervous, as the time was running and I had to rush to the office after exam...
    I know that I done these mistakes:
    One of worksheets didn't fit on A4, because of very long cell references it was impossible to make it... :( Another one - when making bar chart to show product prices each month (Jan-Dec), I included average, min & max details on it...
    Does enybody know, are these very big mistakes in this exam? Is it gonna be ''Not yet competent''?
    It is so long to wait for the answer and I am really really anxiuos.
  • coojee
    Options
    Hi all,

I did my SPSW exam yesterday at Kaplan. It seemed to be easy questions.... Just one thing put me out of track:
    I couldn't download exam data from Learnplus, many times I tried and it used to be empty file.... I told to the tuitor about my probelm, and it took about 40 min till they sorted it.... I was so nervous, as the time was running and I had to rush to the office after exam...
    I know that I done these mistakes:
    One of worksheets didn't fit on A4, because of very long cell references it was impossible to make it... :( Another one - when making bar chart to show product prices each month (Jan-Dec), I included average, min & max details on it...
    Does enybody know, are these very big mistakes in this exam? Is it gonna be ''Not yet competent''?
    It is so long to wait for the answer and I am really really anxiuos.

Provided those are the only mistakes then you should be OK. The task with the bar chart is allowed more than one error I think so that will be OK. As long as some of the other reports have been printed to one page you should also be OK with that. By the way, you do know that you can set to print to one page and no matter how big the sheet is it will print to one page (you may not be able to read it all but you'll have done what was asked). You just go to page set up and then click print to one page and it does it all for you, you may sometimes have to re orientate it to landscape if it's a wide worksheet.
  • rafuk
    rafuk Registered Posts: 8 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi guys

I sat the test today and noticed that they did not require to create borders in table. But because without borders printouts do not look good I actually created those borders. Do you guys know if I will be marked down for that

Regards
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I dont think they would mark you down as in fairness its a sim and for professional reasons you may do that in the work place - as long as you have done what they ask then fine!

I failed 3 questions on section 2 and still past so there is defo flexibility with the marking!

Martin
Privacy Policy