Implementing efficient procedures into the purchase ledger?

JordonMunro
JordonMunro Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Hi all,

I currently work in a small accounts office on the purchase ledger - unfortunately the way things are done are old fashioned.. well when I say old fashioned I may pre-historic! This time last year we had a new system implemented unfortunately this is not utilized even to 50% of its ability. I have implemented a few new procedures to make the processes more efficient. Is anyone on here in a similar position as myself or ever implemented any procedures to make the purchase ledger more efficient?

Any suggestions welcome!

If anyone needs any more info then let me know!

Thanks

Jordon

Comments

• craigbrown2602
    craigbrown2602 Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Jordan,

I had a similar problem at a previous firm I worked for. The Purchase Legder procedures were quite old fashioned, the company paid around £5K to updgrade the system which also included the ability to scan invoices onto the system to save storage costs. I was quite lucky as this was being implemented the same time I was writing my report for Level 4.

Happy to discuss offline if you wish?

Craig.
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Jordan,
    I work in purchase ledger, and receive up to 100 invoices each day, by mail and e-mail.
    Which new system are you using? do they provide a user guide/helpline?
    I use an electronic accounting system linked to our budgetholders and administrators, which works reasonably well, and I have built in various control proceedures. However, we are expecting a new system in 2013 which will be interesting!
    Good luck,
    GP
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi all,

I currently work in a small accounts office on the purchase ledger - unfortunately the way things are done are old fashioned.. well when I say old fashioned I may pre-historic! This time last year we had a new system implemented unfortunately this is not utilized even to 50% of its ability. I have implemented a few new procedures to make the processes more efficient. Is anyone on here in a similar position as myself or ever implemented any procedures to make the purchase ledger more efficient?

Any suggestions welcome!

If anyone needs any more info then let me know!

Thanks

Jordon

Hello Jordon

I'm not sure where you are at with your AAT studies (you may be MAAT) however if not you may want to keep notes on what you do regarding this as it could be an excellent resource for ICAS at Level 4.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy