ITX Exam

CharlotteS
CharlotteS Registered Posts: 26 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
I'm after some advice on the ITX exam which I'm due to sit next friday. Why i decided to book an exam 4 days before christmas i'll never know!!
Anyway, I've worked my way through the textbook but havent started any practice assesments or my revision book yet and there is loads of other stuff going on in my life so i'm getting a bit stressed about not being ready.
I've had a look at the reference material that is available and its 24 pages long! Is it worth stressing about revising or is everything i need to know in the reference material? How has everyone else found this exam?

Thanks

Comments

• Cudey
    Cudey Registered Posts: 138 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I'm after some advice on the ITX exam which I'm due to sit next friday. Why i decided to book an exam 4 days before christmas i'll never know!!
    Anyway, I've worked my way through the textbook but havent started any practice assesments or my revision book yet and there is loads of other stuff going on in my life so i'm getting a bit stressed about not being ready.
    I've had a look at the reference material that is available and its 24 pages long! Is it worth stressing about revising or is everything i need to know in the reference material? How has everyone else found this exam?

Thanks

Hi Charlotte,

You same to be in the same boat I am. I did a thread a few days ago in this section, and got some very helpful answers and advice. May be worth a read? Out of interest did you self study?

I have my exam on Tuesday, and stressed isn't the word. I've had a few sleepless nights this week.

All the best, and good luck!
  • CharlotteS
    Hi,

I am self studying, through Kaplan. I'm going to try to do a few practice papers today to get a feel for the sort of thing that's going to come up and hopefully that'll put my mind at ease. Luckily i've not got to the sleepless night stage yet!
    Good luck for tuesday
  • Cudey
    Hi,

I am self studying, through Kaplan. I'm going to try to do a few practice papers today to get a feel for the sort of thing that's going to come up and hopefully that'll put my mind at ease. Luckily i've not got to the sleepless night stage yet!
    Good luck for tuesday

With the self study do you still get access to En-gage? I'm not a huge fan of their mock tests as they seem very different to real thing. Hardest bit i'm finding is the VAT return with international transactions. I had my last class yesterday, and I was very surprised about what is included in the reference material - so worth a look and get familiar with it.
  • CharlotteS
    Yeah I still get en-gage with distance learning and find it really useful, especially all the online tests and mocks. I agree they are quite different to actual exams. With all the previous exams i've found the actuals to be much easier than the online mocks!
  • SashaDella
    SashaDella Registered Posts: 362
    Charlotte .. how did your exam go? I have mine next month.

any tips :)
  • Cudey
    Hi SashaDella,

I did mine on 18th December, but I can't really advice much as the syllabus (regulations etc) are changing for 2013.

From my experience, make sure that you've practiced the mocks as much as possible as well as the green lights and any other study material you have. My exams section 1 was a lot different to the mock ones, so you must be prepared. Section 2 was the same. For me the reference material somewhat confused things - but I seem to be alone on that.
  • CharlotteS
    Hi SashaDella,

I passed!! It wasnt as bad as I thought but i did do loads of mock papers beforehand. I went through it all and then went back and checked all my answers using the reference material, just to make sure. The reference material is really good, only the bits that are relevant to that question are available on that page so you arent having to sift through it to find the answers.
    Good luck!
  • Petana
    Petana Registered Posts: 72 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi, I am having this exam on the 16th and when booking for it I was asked if I want to do it under 2012 or 2013 standards. I told them I am studying from 2011 - 2012 books and they said it's fine and booked me for it. I am about to do the mocks again over the next few days.
Privacy Policy