PDFs

Dean
Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
What do you use to create PDFs?

We have been using Adobe and we could do with an upgrade but are reluctant due to their prices. Is there anything just as good or do we bite the bullet?

Regards

Dean

Comments

• NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

I use and have used Cute PDF and Primo PDF, respectively.

These are both free downloads and basically show up like a printer - you go to print your document, choose Cute/Primo but instead of printing it will give you the option to save the document as a PDF. I preferred Primo, but after a while it stopped working and the only way to solve it was uninstall and reinstall, only for it to stop after again after a while! Primo was good in that you could append several documents into one PDF. Some text doesn't always convert well and you end up with odd symbols, but this seems to be rare. Another downside is that once converted to PDF the document is fixed, with no option to edit it other than to go back to the original document.

Hope this helps.

Neil
  • Yazi
    Yazi Registered Posts: 225 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I use Cute PDF and its ideal.
    Use it alot for letters.
  • Moominyak
    Moominyak Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor ⭐
    I use Primo PDF and find the option to ''Append' really useful. HTH.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I use Cute PDF. Will look into Primo PDF as the Append function sounds useful!
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • BCASL
    BCASL Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
    We use expertpdf, because it enables you to join multiple PDFs into one and not very expensive!
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    Interesting, thanks!

Presumably the Primo upgrade to Nitro Pro compares with ExpertPDF? Either way it looks like we can save a few pennies!

Regards

Dean
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I use CutePDF.

I did have Primo free for a bit, but it stopped working too.

I have bought CutePDF Pro for about $40 and it's worth it.
  • Dcollins
    Dcollins Registered Posts: 179 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I bought Cute PDF Pro too, and it is certainly worth the money. It has a lot of functions including rearranging PDF pages, deleting pages, merging PDFs, typing onto forms, creating forms, password protecting PDFs etc.

The only problem I've had is with attaching a PDF to a tax return being filed online. For some reason HMRC wouldn't recognise it, but opening the PDF in Adobe (the free version) and saving and reattaching solved it. Not very often we need to attach PDFs though.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I'm another for Cute PDF. Really handy, saving a bit on printing costs!
Privacy Policy