Crb for volunteers

MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi.

Just wondered if anyone could advise if volunteers require a CRB in public sector?

Cheers
Martin

Comments

• stevef
    stevef Registered Posts: 258 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Most definitely yes - if working anywhere near vunerable adults, children or cash.
  • MWAUGH1983
    What happens if its an office job in the public sector - council, nhs etc and the staff normally need a crb done; are volunteers the same thing as people on work experience who aren't getting paid?

Martin
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Martin

They have just made in compulsory in our hospital that all new members of staff, paid or unpaid have to be CRB checked, they are also talking about CRB checking the rest of us eventually, but a bit of a sore point as they say we would have to pay, and my argument is they have trusted me for 10.5 yrs so why now!!

Jan
  • MWAUGH1983
    Hey Jan,

Are you not crb check? I was crb when I worked in the pct n I thought all staff had to be in all trusts.

I can't see them charging staff!

Martin
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Martin

Have never been CRB checked an neither is anybody in our office apart form the guy that started last April when the new rules came in. We have all been there years

Jan
  • MWAUGH1983
    I see weird one as that was the impression that I got; I do think admin and clerical roles dont need one as you arent anywhere near hospitals but suppose if you need to go to a hospital site on work business then maybe thats why it comes into it.

Did you get my PM?

Martin
Privacy Policy