* Request * Opinion/Advice on starting an AAT Course.

MaheshB
MaheshB Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to pursue a career in financial services and believe an AAT Course would be really beneficial as I have no previous experience in accounting.

I would just like an opinion or to be advised whether or not the AAT Access Course is required before you start Level 2, or can you just advance onto level 2 straight away?

As mentioned I don't have previous experience but through speed and determination I'd imagine it's possible, IF I am able to start at level 2.

Thanks for reading, any feedback will be greatly welcomed!

Mahesh

Comments

• Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Hello,

No there is no requirement to complete the Access course before level 2.

If you do the skills check on the AAT website, it will give you an indication of where to start. Level 2 is very achievable with no previous knowledge of accounting.

Good luck!
  • MaheshB
    MaheshB Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks a lot NPS, much appreciated!

Mahesh
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Hi Mahesh,

Welcome to the forum!

I agree with NPS, you don't need to do the access course before starting AAT level 2 and I believe that most people start off with AAT level 2 straight away. The link for the aat skills check if you haven't already seen,
    http://www.aatskillcheck.org/home.aspx.

Good luck with your studies!:)

Aaron
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • blackviper90210
    blackviper90210 Registered Posts: 25 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi,

I had never touched accounting in my life, but 2 years ago I decided on a career change after 25 yrs in my other career.
    I started and completed Level 2 and found it totally achievable and maths was never my strong point in school all those years ago!
    Then Sept last year, I started Level 3, of which I am half way through. Now this is a lot harder, in my opinion, but again, achievable if you put the effort in.

Go for it, you'll enjoy it :thumbup:
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    blackviper90210 - do you mind me asking what your previous career was?
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I bet there are hundreds of career changers here! I was one of them!
Privacy Policy