Is Distance Learning For Everyone?

Nileshladva
Nileshladva Registered Posts: 22 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hi All,

Found an interesting video from my distance learning provider who seem to be partners with AAT and give guidance to people looking to enroll on a AAT course.

I myself found I'm capable, but are you? For those of you stuck in limbo and can't decide if you'd rahter go uni/college or enroll on a distance learning course.. this video might help

http://www.accountingbites.co.uk/2012/12/20/why-aat/?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=forumpost&utm_campaign=generic

Toodles,

NileshLadva

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi All,

Found an interesting video from my distance learning provider who seem to be partners with AAT and give guidance to people looking to enroll on a AAT course.

I myself found I'm capable, but are you? For those of you stuck in limbo and can't decide if you'd rahter go uni/college or enroll on a distance learning course.. this video might help

http://www.accountingbites.co.uk/2012/12/20/why-aat/http://www.accountingbites.co.uk/2012/12/20/why-aat/?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=forumpost&utm_campaign=generic

Toodles,

NileshLadva

That's odd because I thought that the Home Learning College had had their AAT accreditation removed.
  • Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    The magazine is poorly edited.

All this news is well out of date and very uninformative.
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Did they really? About bloody time! I don't think I ever heard someone say something good about them lol
  • liveprincess
    liveprincess Registered Posts: 214 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    but they are advertised in the latest AAT magazine. Would they be if they had it removed?
  • Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Beat me to it Princess.

There are enough horror stories floating around to make any organisation suspicious.
  • Nileshladva
    Nileshladva Registered Posts: 22 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi Coojee,

This is false, after a quick check I can assure you that Home Learning College have not had their AAT accreditation removed.

(had me worried there :o)

Regards,

NileshLadva
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi Coojee,

This is false, after a quick check I can assure you that Home Learning College have not had their AAT accreditation removed.

Regards,

NileshLadva

A pity. I have never understood how the AAT could associate themselves with HLC. Qualitywise they are so far beneath all the other providers it's absolutely shocking. Add to this the hard sell techniques from very pushy salesmen and ridiculously high fees and you have something more akin to a scam than an accredited provider.

I speak from experience here having mistakenly used them for Level 3. Hindsight is a wonderful thing - a five minute search on the internet would have made me run a mile!
  • beckyln
    beckyln Registered Posts: 52 Epic contributor 🐘
    Damn! I almost ran for the phone to ask for a refund from HLC. I sometimes wonder if AAT moderates these forums as the HLC are such an embarrassment to represent the AAT!
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi Coojee,

(had me worried there :o)

Regards,

NileshLadva

Sorry for this. I was remembering an old thread where someone had a problem with HLC and the AAT had responded to it. When the OP said that HLC had had their accreditation removed I assumed this meant the information had come from the AAT but when I re read the thread I could see that they hadn't actually said this.
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

Home Learning College are one of several nominations for PQ Magazine college of the year!:huh:

Neil
  • kkedra
    kkedra Registered Posts: 11 Regular contributor ⭐
    Gosh, i will never forget the HLC salesman who came to my house.... he was arguing with me and treated me as I was an idiot... very unpleasant and pushy man.
Privacy Policy