What do other MIP's use to organise themselves?

stefanboro
stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hi Guys,

How you all doing?

I would very much like to know - what do you use to organise your practice?

At the moment I've simply been using excel but frankly it's far too time consuming to update as my practice is growing.

I've had a look to see what's on the market but there doesn't appear to be anything like a time management programme aimed specifically at sole practitioner accountants.

Many thanks,

Stefan

Comments

• JJH1969
    JJH1969 Registered Posts: 110 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi Stefan
    I too use excel and outlook but I recently attended a CIMA MIP course and colleagues there recommended 'Workflow Max'. I looked on their website this morning and they offer a free 14 day trial. Congratulations on the growth of your business!
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    MIP and tutor, plus other self-employment - I use 3 manual diaries and a google calendar. A bit OCD with my organisation!
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I use an Excel Spreadsheet with conditional formation, lots of if formulas and various macros assigned to buttons to look up where work is at a specific stage, what deadlines are becoming due, and when the next year ends are for requesting work.

I too could not find anything that did what I wanted. My spreadsheet deals with normal SA deadlines, Ltd Co deadlines including that dreaded first year deadline.
    Regards,

Burg
  • stefanboro
    stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Thanks for the responses guys - much appreciated.

I'm very OCD with this too - but the danger is that you forget to log something and then don't file something small but crucial like an AR01 which I am ashamed to say I have done once! (I did compensate the client and nothing more was said but I obviously value my reputation). I feel like I spend far too much time organizing my to do list every week - there's a massive gap in the market for affordable client management software aimed specifically at the smaller UK accountancy practice although I will check out that bit of software mentioned.

Cheers,

Stefan
    www.fortisaccountancy.co.uk
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Capsule CRM. I love it.
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    Monsoon wrote: Β»
    Capsule CRM. I love it.

I couldn't get on with this. I don't think I've really given it enough time to be honest. How do you use it?

Regards

Dean
  • Dean
    burg wrote: Β»
    I use an Excel Spreadsheet with conditional formation, lots of if formulas and various macros assigned to buttons to look up where work is at a specific stage, what deadlines are becoming due, and when the next year ends are for requesting work.

I too could not find anything that did what I wanted. My spreadsheet deals with normal SA deadlines, Ltd Co deadlines including that dreaded first year deadline.

I'd like this sort of spreadsheet set up for fixed fees. I've been looking at AVNs programmes and I'm sure a clever excel bod could produce something similar.

Regards

Dean
  • burg
    I do also have one for quoting as well which again is based on various scenarios.
    Dean wrote: Β»
    I'd like this sort of spreadsheet set up for fixed fees. I've been looking at AVNs programmes and I'm sure a clever excel bod could produce something similar.

Regards

Dean
    Regards,

Burg
  • Dean
    burg wrote: Β»
    I do also have one for quoting as well which again is based on various scenarios.

Interesting!

Any chance of a peek?

Regards

Dean
  • burg
    Dean wrote: Β»
    Interesting!

Any chance of a peek?

Regards

Dean

Yeah no problem Dean.

Don't want to send though as it has client data but happy to show you via remote demo.

I've sent you a pm
    Regards,

Burg
Privacy Policy