Best AAT distance learning?

lrwalker90
lrwalker90 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Hi, I'm looking into doing AAT as a distance course and was wondering which of the providers people have found the best for content and value for money?
Thanks

Comments

• SashaDella
    SashaDella Registered Posts: 362
    I used Premier, they were one of the cheapest and I had no problems. I would recommend them.

However Eagle, Premier, BPP and Kaplan are all recommended by AAT students members here in the forum. :)
  • Rachie278
    Rachie278 Registered Posts: 55 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I am currently doing Level 2 with Premier and I really can't fault them. All assignments have been marked within 24 hours, feedback is good and helpful, and the books they send are easy to use. If you do decide to go with them, they offer a referral scheme.....so maybe you fancied helping me out with that one, then i can buy get my next level discounted a little bit?!?! :001_tongue:
  • Rustle
    Rustle Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I recommend Premier Training. They helped me through my exams at first attempt.
  • YusufAi
    YusufAi Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    i recommended Homelearning College. The tutor are very supportive and you can contact them and they will be there for you ASAP
  • ketysmith
    ketysmith Registered Posts: 5 Regular contributor โญ
    For me Premier, are the best :)
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi,

I have used BPP and heartily recommend them!! I have used their online classroom for API, APII, FNST, SPSW, ICAS and have found the prerecorded lessons really good and the tutors really helpful with all my numerous queries. I have self studied the remainder and have found the books really concise.

The ICAS project support and structure is brilliant. The workbook gives us guidelines to follow with specific requirements to follow for each paragraph and templates for appendices. Then we get to submit a couple of sections for feedback 5 times, so that by the end of the report its pretty much as it should be.

But as with anything, its based on personal choice!!
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    When you look at the various alternatives make sure http://www.eagle-education.co.uk/ is one of the ones on your shortlist. I recommend them.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • NME504
    NME504 Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor โญ
    I would like to recommend Premier Training. I have only been with them less than a month but they couldnt be more helpful. Their course books are well written and practise exercises complement their course books.

Natasha:001_smile:
    Natasha

Why not join the Accounting Student Network Facebook group. 1000's of students have found it a one-stop centre for studying resources, motivation & Career development - You can too!!
    facebook.com/groups/accountingstudentnetwork
  • Jane Hasler
    Jane Hasler Registered Posts: 15 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Fern wrote: ยป
    If you want live online lectures which are recorded so you can playback at leisure then Kaplan is by far the best. I am doing level 2 with them and their study material and support is excellent. When you compare the various prices make sure you ask them if they are VAT registered. Some of the smaller companies are not VAT registered, so you maybe better off sticking with the larger ones like Eagle, Kaplan and BPP.

Hi all

Just a quick tip, charging VAT is not a sign of how large a company, nor of its likeliness to go bust. Larger companies are just as likely to go bust as smaller ones.

Colleges, academies, partnerships or providers wholly funded by grants will not charge VAT yet can be very large organisations, with turnover of millions.

Companies are a limited company have to charge VAT; this makes the courses cost 20% more than courses provided exempt suppliers for students who are funding the course themselves.

Regards
    Jane
Privacy Policy