Personal Tax exam

Options
marvel7
marvel7 Registered Posts: 15 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I've got my Personal Tax exam next week and I am finding there is a lot of information that I have to remember and I am thinking every little topic is going to be assessed

If anyone has recently sat the exam can you advise me if it is in the same format as 2012 CBT exam (or the exams in the Osborne work book if people have used them) that is on the AAT site as some of the other exams on there i.e. 2009/10 etc seem slightly different

I am starting to worry as I thought this was meant to be one of the easier units and the infomation doesnt seem to be sticking in my head as there is so much to learn but it is might be just because i havent put in the same amount of work as i did for Financial Statements (where i was mega stressed although I did pass!)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hello

I have not sat the PTX exam recently however when I sat it there was a pop up window which gave you additional information, a little like that in ITX at level 3, so you may find you are trying to remember information which you can look up in the exam. Have you seen this pop up window in the practice exams? I am unable to access the practice assessements now as no longer a student so unable to comment on the 2012 CBT exam.

Good luck with the exam next week.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • marvel7
    Options
    Hi Jo
    Thanks for the reply - i've looked at the online assessements and the info boxes are still there.

I think my biggest worry is that every little detail is going to be assessed but i think its just a case of getting my head in my books all weekend and complete all the online assessments

My theory is if i can pass FNST I should be able to pass the other exams!

Fingers Crossed
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    If you complete all the practice assessments on the AAT website and also any that are included in your study text/question bank then I am sure you will be fine.

Remember that the Personal Tax exam is only 2 hours long (if I remember rightly), compared to other level 4 exams which are 2.5 hours long.

All the best with your weekend of revision... remember to have plenty of breaks.

Good luck with the exam and do let us know how you get on.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • marvel7
    Options
    Revision isnt going too bad once you start completing the on line assessments and practice papers.

Has anyone any advice on the written question 1.13 as this seems that they can test you on anything on the whole module and i am assuming that this will take up a large proportion of the marks on section 1

any help would be gratefully recieved!
  • Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    marvel7 wrote: »
    Revision isnt going too bad once you start completing the on line assessments and practice papers.

Has anyone any advice on the written question 1.13 as this seems that they can test you on anything on the whole module and i am assuming that this will take up a large proportion of the marks on section 1

any help would be gratefully recieved!

We sat our PTX in December and the paper was pretty much the same as the online assessment. From what I have heard most of the written questions were similar to the practice assessments. I just wrote the basics (am not very good at explaing things) but got a met on my feedback. I passed so as long as you're ok on rest of it you should be fine. Remember all the formulas you've learned as well. Good luck.
Privacy Policy