Minimum age requirement

Spamkebab
Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Hi all

Does anybody know if there is a minimum age requirement for starting study of AAT?

Thanks

Neil.

Comments

• anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    I am sure our local college does day time classes for school leavers - but they do not offer them level 4 - not sure why.
    Also, I know someone who did A-level accounting at sixth form and then went to a placement and they have paid for his AAT - but not level 4.
  • eek
    eek Registered Posts: 31 Epic contributor 🐘
    I am studying level 4 at college at the ripe old age of 35 so I would really check with your provider. I dont believe that there is an age limit to self study
  • CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    How old are you Neil? Although I can't give you a definitive answer, at the end of they day it's an academic qualification, so I would expect that like all academic qualifications you can sit them at any age (you get the superstar 12yr olds with degrees etc). AAT themselves would be the only ones who can give you a 100% certain answer, but if there is any age limit I can't see it being older than 16 as it's a GCSE level qual.
  • Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Oh i'm well old, definitely old enough to study AAT. I was enquiring for someone else.

Thanks for the replies.

Neil
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Neil

I think it is 16 years old as the AAT website student registration page has 1997 as the most recent year for the date of birth field.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy