Level 3 - URGENT

Amy Smith
Amy Smith Registered Posts: 54 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hello all!

I currently am studying for Level 3.

I was told yesterday that from September, AAT are going to change a few things... Most importantly, Cash Management will be MOVING TO LEVEL 4!

If you're studying Level 3 and you haven't completed this unit before the summer, it will move into your Level 4 curriculum. I was STRONGLY advised to complete it ASAP to avoid this happening because 'Level 4 is nitty and gritty enough'.

Other changes include PEAF becoming a CBP and things like that. I'd check with someone to make sure you're getting the best out of these changes.

Just a little heads up :)

Amy
Here to help
~AAT Qualified~

Comments

• Jane Hasler
    Jane Hasler Registered Posts: 15 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi Amy,

The information we have had from the AAT says that CM will actually become one of the options at level 4, so you will have to choose 2 from 5. Students will actually sit one less exam, so there is no need to rush or panic!

Kind regards
  • Sam22
    Sam22 Registered Posts: 117 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi,

I'm currently doing Level 3 and will be taking CRS Friday with the thoughts of doing the Cash Management unit next (if all goes well Friday). Just wanted to check, if it's now an option to take at Level 4 do I still do it as part of Level 3?

Thanks
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Anyone who is currently studying a level will have until December 2014 to complete that level under the current qualification so there's no need to panic.

The current Level 3 cash management unit DOESN'T give exemption to the new Level 4 unit by the way.
  • angmc
    angmc Registered Posts: 73 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I'm a bit confused. Does this change mean if you're studying Level 3 at the moment you don't have to do the Cash Management exam at this level and it's only an option on Level 4, meaning you don't actually have to do it at all?

Is there a link anywhere to the announcement?
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    angmc wrote: ยป
    I'm a bit confused. Does this change mean if you're studying Level 3 at the moment you don't have to do the Cash Management exam at this level and it's only an option on Level 4, meaning you don't actually have to do it at all?

Is there a link anywhere to the announcement?

If you want to complete Level 3 under the current standards you will need to do it. But you could transfer to the new standards and not do it. I'm not sure off the top of my head how that would affect any units that you've already done at Level 3, some will give you direct exemptions to the new units but for others you may need to do a top up assessment.
  • Amy Smith
    Amy Smith Registered Posts: 54 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    oop! I'm sorry if the information I gave was wrong, I just passed on what I was told at Kaplan!
    Here to help
    ~AAT Qualified~
  • vish
    vish Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    hi guys, i am new to this forum, i will begin my AAT course next week starting with level 3, could you guys give me some ideas how to tackle my studies and how are the exams please..thanks a lot.
  • Kelly7
    Kelly7 Registered Posts: 218 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    We have been told in our class that it will be an option at level 4 from next year so if you do study it this year you will have a lot of knowledge already & make that topic easier. Personally, I'd prefer to choose another option st level 4 so I learn more rather than just taking the option to get an easy unit
Privacy Policy