Timescales for Learning Content/Sitting Exams

Kris1990
Kris1990 Registered Posts: 52 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi all

I'm hoping to start level 4 in September/October, I'm currently with HLC for level 3 but I'm hoping to self study for level 4. As I've got to book exams 2-3 months in advance, can anyone advise if it's possible to learn the content and sit the exams of each module in the timescales below:

Sitting Spreadsheets at work in April.
Started Cash Management yesterday, hoping to sit the exam in May.
As soon as I've sat Cash Management, I'll start on Indirect Tax, hoping to sit the exam in June.
Same as above for PEAF, hoping to sit the exam in July.
Same for Cost & Revenues and hoping to sit the exam in September. I figured as this seems a bigger unit than the others, it may take a bit longer to learn.

I study about 7-8 hours a week and work in finance so I may (emphasis on may :001_tongue:) pick things up a touch quicker than the average student.

Comments

• Dahir Ahmed
    Dahir Ahmed Registered Posts: 63 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi Kris
    It's all possible but as long as you put in the work and dilligently stick to your timetable.

Regards
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I think it is possible as long as you work hard and stick to your timetable. You may find you need a few extra hours here and there which you may be able to slot in at weekends or possibly lunchtimes at work.

Good luck with it.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    Kris1990 wrote: Β»
    As I've got to book exams 2-3 months in advance

Hello Kris

I just wondered why do you have to book your exams so far in advance? When I was studying AAT I was able to book a space up to 2 days before I wanted to sit the exam?

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Dahir Ahmed
    That's unofrtunately the procedure with the Home Learning College Jo.
  • Kris1990
    Yes as Dahir said, it takes HLC 2-3 months to book exams, that's the reason why I'm self studying level 4. It's a pain really as I'd like to book exams when I'm ready to sit them but I'd like to get onto level 4 ASAP and this is the only way to do it.

Anyway, thanks for the replies, it's as I thought, it's do'able as long as I put the hours in.
  • Jo Clark
    That's unofrtunately the procedure with the Home Learning College Jo.

Hmmm... are the exams included in the cost of the 'package' that you have with HLC?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Dahir Ahmed
    Yes, they are but only for the first attempt.
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi Kris,
    Have you contacted your local college to see if you can sit exams as an external candidate? Many colleges do this, and then you can do your level 4 exams as and when you are ready.
    Good luck with your level 3 exams - you should be fine if you have a study plan, and can work methodically through each unit. Don't forget, there is lots of help on this forum if you need it.
    GP
  • Jo Clark
    Hi Kris,
    Have you contacted your local college to see if you can sit exams as an external candidate? Many colleges do this, and then you can do your level 4 exams as and when you are ready.
    Good luck with your level 3 exams - you should be fine if you have a study plan, and can work methodically through each unit. Don't forget, there is lots of help on this forum if you need it.
    GP

Exactely what I was thinking GP, however as the cost is included Kris may not want the additional expense... however if he is keen to progress at a quicker pace I agree, contact local college or places like BPP/Kaplan etc.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Kris1990
    hi guinea pig/Jo

The exam fees were included in the initial course fee so I don't want to pay to twice. I would like to finish level 3 ASAP but I'm happy to wait until September to sit level 4. As long as I put 7-8 hours in per week I should be ok, I just wanted to check it was possible to learn the units in time.

Thanks for your help.
Privacy Policy