Spreadsheet software exam

taraskyn
taraskyn Registered Posts: 41 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi All!

This question is for those who did their spreadsheets exam already.
I am wondering about the exam, do you have to do everything as per instructions or can you actually do it better??? I mean visually, like font and row height and column width, bold something even if it does not have to be, using different formulas and formats, edge lines and stuff like that.
As I was going through practice assessment I could not believe how visually ugly and hard to read all the print out look, especially sheets with formulas shown as you have to scale them down.
And was there any task on the exam you did not expect? Something you had trouble with?

Thanks!

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    taraskyn wrote: »
    Hi All!

This question is for those who did their spreadsheets exam already.
    I am wondering about the exam, do you have to do everything as per instructions or can you actually do it better??? I mean visually, like font and row height and column width, bold something even if it does not have to be, using different formulas and formats, edge lines and stuff like that.
    As I was going through practice assessment I could not believe how visually ugly and hard to read all the print out look, especially sheets with formulas shown as you have to scale them down.
    And was there any task on the exam you did not expect? Something you had trouble with?

Thanks!

Where it doesn't specify then you can change things, eg where it asks you to put a total then you can leave a line between the table and the totals but I wouldn't put any lines around the totals unless you're told to. Definitely if it tells you to print something to one page then make sure it prints to one page otherwise it'll be marked wrong. If they tell you to make something bold, then make it bold, if they tell you to do something in arial size 12 then make sure it's arial 12 etc etc I wouldn't make too many changes personally as you don't know how the assessor is going to use their discretion, some will be more strict than others.
  • Dahir Ahmed
    Dahir Ahmed Registered Posts: 63 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi Taraskyn
    Just follow the instructions down to the tee and leave it at that, I'd say.

Nothing in the exam was unexpected for me thankfully.

Best of luck.
Privacy Policy