Mechanic / Garage

Options
tru tru
tru tru Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi there

I'm hoping someone may be able to advise if mechanics / garage owners have certain rules and regulations to adhere to.
I can't seem to find anything relevant on the net and can't seem to find any specific accountants who deal with mechanics.
Also, if anyone could share any information regarding apprenctices working in the mechanics industry and their NI contributions.

Much appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree, but you sound like you might have a particular reason for asking. Have you been told something that you're not sure about and want to check?

To answer in brief, there are no major tax laws which apply specifically to motor mechanics, no.
  • tru tru
    tru tru Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thanks Mike :)

A friend was asking if I knew anything about taking on apprentices in a garage, and if there are any rules that need to be adhered to. Ie, an apprentice carries out work and is generally paid a low wage, however, the cost to fix a car etc is still at the same price, it may be that an apprentice may take longer than a qualified mechanic.
    Personally, I didn't think it made any difference, so long as the apprentice's work is signed off by someone qualified.
    I just didn't know if there were any rules / regulations that mechanics had to adhere to!
Privacy Policy