Getting into Accountancy

AliceProspero
AliceProspero Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hello there,

I am seeking to gain some good advice. I am at a crossroads in my career; I currently work as an Assistant Manager for a reputable retail company. I have a degree in English and a Masters. I am very interested in moving into the accountancy field. I am just wondering, and currently researching which options would be suitable for me; there seems to be many options available.

If anyone could give me some information regarding which path I should look into, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Alice

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Alice

Welcome to the forum.

This is a great place to start :o Have you visited the AAT website, www.aat.org.uk and read all the information about studying AAT and where to start?

This qualification can be studied by self study of by attending a FE College or training provider. It provides a great foundation for you to move onto further qualifications such as ATT/ACCA/CIMA etc.

It also potentially enables you to set up as a Member in Practice (MIP) and be self employed.

The path you take will depend on your current circumstances, where you want to end up and how long you want to take getting there.

There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum so I'm certain others will also reply to your post as well.

I look forward to seeing you here more in the future.

Good luck with your decision making.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • AliceProspero
    AliceProspero Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Many thanks Jo, for your useful reply!

I'm wanting to keep my current job (non accounts related) for as long as possible, financially it makes sense. Thinking at the moment, to study for the AAT level 3 as a distant learner whilst still in my current job and then look at accountancy jobs and from there move onto ACCA qualification.

Not sure if I should study for the AAT level 2 qualification.

My aim is to get qualified as soon as possible I'm very motivated, and know that is a major requirement for distant learning, hoping the motivation doesn't die out haha.

I've looked at a few education providers, thinking about going with Kaplan. Not heard very good reviews about home learning college, the prices look a bit steep.

It's all a little bit up in the air at the moment, it's a big decision and don't feel I've researched it enough yet. Although the pathway mentioned above makes sense to me. I'm wanting to start in September, so I have plenty of time.

Any information, would be fantastic!!

Many thanks

Alice
Privacy Policy