where to go???

stuartander
stuartander Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
Hey,

So i qualified AAT back in Jul 2011, i am currently studying ACCA f's (passed 1).

Im not currently enjoying my current role as i feel alot of it is data entry work which is rather boring..

I am currently stuck here for a few years due to my acca study :thumbdown: just wonderede what other people have go on to do..

I have 2 ideas of what id like to do, im thinking maybe teach AAT at local colleges and run a small bookkeeping business.
Thanks

Stu

Comments

• stuartander
    stuartander Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    But running a small bookkeeping business seems like alot of set up (legal things) for not much gain- i dont know ;(
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hey,

So i qualified AAT back in Jul 2011, i am currently studying ACCA f's (passed 1).

Im not currently enjoying my current role as i feel alot of it is data entry work which is rather boring..

I am currently stuck here for a few years due to my acca study :thumbdown: just wonderede what other people have go on to do..

I have 2 ideas of what id like to do, im thinking maybe teach AAT at local colleges and run a small bookkeeping business.
    Thanks

Stu

I'm sure you know this but if you do set up a bookkeeping business you'll still be doing a lot of high volume data entry.

If you have to stay at your current firm re: ACCA study reasons it sounds like you are going to have grin and bear it.

Once your done with ACCA, it may be a good idea to apply to a small firm of accountants so you can gain a range of experience, e.g. accounts, tax, audit, management accounts, vat, etc (rather than just high volume data entry).

Doing the ACCA is definitely a good idea and it will stand you in good stead in the future (it is a very well respected qualification, taken very seriously by recruiters and employers, and will open doors for you in both practice and industry).

I hope this helps.
Privacy Policy