Level 2 and 3 syllabus

alpli
alpli Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
Hello,

I've decided to take the AAT exams without using a learning provider, but I didn't find any syllabus what actually is required in each module.

I only found a list of modules in each level, i.e. Basic accounting 1, Basic accounting 2 etc, but what these include in detail?

As I want to learn from books on my own, I would like to make kind of schedule what to learn for each exam. Or is it the case that I simply have to learn everything that is in the 'official' books from Kaplan, BPP... for each module?

Before I knew about these textbooks, I've bought Business Accounts by David Cox and Business Accounting 1 and 2 by Frank Woods. Are those sufficient or do I need to get the other ones too?

Thank you for your advise

Comments

• Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    My advice would be to just buy an official text book for each module. That way you know you have covered the syllabus and at the right level of difficulty. The time you'd have to spend checking the syllabus and then finding the appropriate parts in other books is time you could spend more wisely by just revising from a dedicated text.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Agreed... excellent advice from NPS :001_tongue:
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy