Monthly Management accounts

Blonde Accountant
Blonde Accountant Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
Hello,

A company that I do the book-keeping for uses Sage 50 Accounts Professional. We want to start producing monthly management accounts from April 13. The year end was March 13, but this has not been completed yet and is not likely to be for some months yet. This may be a stupid question, but is it possible to produce monthly management accounts on Sage?

Thanks for looking

Nicola

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I've always found it easier to take the information out and work on it in Excel
  • Neillaw
    Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I agree, the best option is to download the data into Excel and produce your management accounts from these.

You can produce the accounts through sage but they don't come out to well, In excel you can automate the production of KPI reports and other management info.
  • wbauk2002
    wbauk2002 Registered Posts: 110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi

You will want to post all your accruals and prepayments in sage, get all your data on there as you want it

Then export to data to excel, and analyse it from there

Working with a lot of data in excel runs the risk of creating and error and spending hours trying to find it

Craig
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello,

A company that I do the book-keeping for uses Sage 50 Accounts Professional. We want to start producing monthly management accounts from April 13. The year end was March 13, but this has not been completed yet and is not likely to be for some months yet. This may be a stupid question, but is it possible to produce monthly management accounts on Sage?

Thanks for looking

Nicola

If you go to financials, then reports, then management reports, you'll find monthly management accounts reports.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    wbauk2002 wrote: »
    Hi

You will want to post all your accruals and prepayments in sage, get all your data on there as you want it

Craig

I always do it this way, post accruals/prepayments in Sage each month.

Some people only put these monthly accruals/prepayments in Excel (adj column). And then post the final y/e figures in Sage. Which kind of makes sense, keeps the nominals cleaner!
  • Blonde Accountant
    Blonde Accountant Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks Reader, I shall have a look at that, but also thanks every one else, I might try the excel option.

Again thanks loads for all of the help and suggestions.

Nicola:001_smile:
  • missmel
    missmel Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    You need to do 'Transactional' reports because the year end has not yet been run.

When you go into the Financials module, where the TB, P&L and Bal Sheet icons are, go into Reports and there should be separate links to the 3 reports and within those menu's should be Transactional TB, trans PL, trans BS - these will allow you to put in the date range - ie 01/04/13 to 30/4/13 until such time as you run the year end and can then use the icons again.

If you want a different layout for the P&L and BS you can do this - but if your new(ish) to Sage its probably worth seeing if you have sage cover and getting them to run through it with you - or putting it onto Excel Spreadsheets as suggested previously.
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    missmel wrote: »
    You need to do 'Transactional' reports because the year end has not yet been run.

When you go into the Financials module, where the TB, P&L and Bal Sheet icons are, go into Reports and there should be separate links to the 3 reports and within those menu's should be Transactional TB, trans PL, trans BS - these will allow you to put in the date range - ie 01/04/13 to 30/4/13 until such time as you run the year end and can then use the icons again.

I never knew about the transactional reports so thanks a lot for posting. I had always just used the 'Future' setting on the standard P&L, which isn't great if you don't want all the after YE transactions! It seems you can run the transactional report for periods in previous years too, which is good for comparisons.
Privacy Policy