Accounting for small non profit making society

guinea pig
guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi, I have just taken over as treasurer of a small society.
My predecessor used an old accounting package called "Dosh" which I don't think is still supported.
I would be really grateful for any ideas for a suitable replacement, and any tips?
Many thanks,
GP

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    How about Quickbooks - very user friendly. Or if it is a very small society, why not stick to excel spreadsheets?
  • missmel
    missmel Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    I have a personal preference for Sage, but agree that if it is small spreadsheets would probably be as easy.
    If they pay an accountancy firm to do the year end I'd ask them what they recommend.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    I use a combination of a spreadsheet and a manual cash book for a pre school with income of around £80k. I tried Sage for a bit but I didn't like it for a receipts and payments account, no real reason why. I have my spreadsheet set so that it's a budget and actual at the same time so the budget is constantly updated for actual, that way I can see straight away what's going on, I wouldn't have been able to do that with sage. I probably don't need the manual cash book but I just keep it going for security, belt and braces approach.
Privacy Policy