Radio for Work

lizzy
lizzy Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi

Is it allowable for a sole trader to put through a radio to use at work - even a pricey 1 please

Thank you

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    lizzy wrote: »
    Hi

Is it allowable for a sole trader to put through a radio to use at work - even a pricey 1 please

Thank you

I don't know the answer to this but aren't there some rules about playing music in a workplace? Don't they need a PRS licence or something? This includes the radio as well.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Yes, if you use a radio at work, then you need a licence. If they aren't licensed I would say no!
  • lizzy
    lizzy Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thank you, yes they need a PPR license which they don't hold so I agree to disallow
  • missmel
    missmel Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    What about if a sole-trader buys a radio to use when they are working alone on a site?
    PRS licenses are for music in the work place, lone workers are excluded from this.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Not really a "business only" expense though. Unless of course it is one with a Dewalt battery charger built-in!!!
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    And he's not kidding either. If the link has worked I presume you mean one like this -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dewalt-DCR017-GB-XR-DAB-Radio-Charger-240V-Brand-New-UK-EU-Specification-/360670642344#vi-content
  • missmel
    missmel Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    T.C. wrote: »
    Not really a "business only" expense though. Unless of course it is one with a Dewalt battery charger built-in!!!
    The last radio I let my builder boyfriend have would never have got used ANYwhere off of site as within a day it had dust over it, by the end of the job it was dust, plaster, paint, mastic and a fair amount of mud and water.........
    But he doesn't get to have an expensive radio

The one Jan has given a link to is a battery charger with the added feature of a DAB radio. And I doubt many people would want that in their lounge! but I guess we are all different.
Privacy Policy