P35 Penalty

Options
JodieR
JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
In Feb I found out that a client had set up another company for some potential business which as yet has not materialised, but that he'd somehow set up a PAYE scheme too and was looking at £800 penalties for not filing a 2011/12 P35. I wrote to HMRC appealing the penalties and luckily for him the appeal was successful. I also included in my letter a request for the scheme to be closed as there was never any employees.

I also submitted a nil P35 for the company on 11th May, which I have a copy of.

And yesterday I received a 'P35 interim penalty letter' from HMRC. With no address to write back to.

Just having a winge really! I'm sure this has happened to me before where they send out the penalty letters before they've finished processing the nil returns, get everyone stressed for no reason whatsoever!
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comments

• groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Jodie

If you go to the website link mentioned in the letter, there is an option to file a notification that no P35 is due, which should stop any further penalty notifications
  • Rachel
    Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I had something like this but the letter had a number. It was an account that had never been used. The person I spoke to said oh this is unusual as the letter shouldn't of been printed or the fine generated as the account was flagged, sorted out but still wasted at least half an hour.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    JodieR wrote: »
    And yesterday I received a 'P35 interim penalty letter' from HMRC. With no address to write back to.

I received one of these for a client where we had filed the P35 (not a nil one) in plenty of time.

Real PITA that there is no address.
Privacy Policy