Random Q on passports...

BeccaLouJ9
BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
... I know it's a random question for the accountancy forum, but I just wondered what others experiences were...

My other half has sent off for his first ever adult passport yesterday. We would like to book a holiday for the 10th August which is about 7 or 8 weeks away.... Do I risk booking the holiday without him having a passport and hoping it arrives in time or do you think it will take alot longer than this and not to bother?

Has anyone applied for their first adult passport, in june- peak season, and had it back fairly soon? I know there is an interview now as well!!

Interested in people's views/experiences....

B xxx

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Becca

I have just sent mine for renewal and was told by the post office that it could take 3-6 weeks for the renewal.

I'm not sure how long it will take for the new passport to be issued and how the interview all fits in with it.

I do recall looking at a holiday and the guidance from the travel company was not to book a holiday unless a valid passport was held. You also need to remember that you need a minimum 6 months on your passport from when you return from a holiday for various countries.

Going anywhere nice?

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    Well nowhere at the moment!!

We were hoping to catch the ferry over to France and drive down to a cottage somewhere..

B xxx
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Ohhh lovely :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy