Self study for level 3

Options
jim jam
jim jam Registered Posts: 7 Regular contributor ⭐
hi guys,

iam planning to start L3 without a trainning provider. what i heard is all L3 & L4 syllabus are going to change very soon. does anyone know, if studying the new syllabus are better then old ones? i know how dam question is but i am working and dont want to waste money or time anymore. guys if you can tell me what are the changes as well , that will be great .
many thanks for everyone

Comments

• Vlee
    Vlee Registered Posts: 136 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    There's a post running on this on the L3 board. The new syllabus comes into force in september this year. So you need to have started the course by then to be able to do the old syllabus. Unless you are super quick I suspect you won't be able to complete L3 and start L4 by then.

The consensus seems to be in favour of starting L3 now to get onto the old course - PEAF is a test now rather than a project type exam in future and cash management will be dropped from L3 and included in L4 as an option. So doing L3 now may mean you can use the cash management module to reduce the modules needed for L4, but I'm not sure if this is a fact. There may also be a delay in being able to take the exams for the new syllabis as they won't be set up for x months and there could be teething problems. Plus you won't be able to start taking exams and potential even buying books until September if you choose to do the new course.

You will have until December 2014 to finish.
  • steve2008
    steve2008 Registered Posts: 89 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Vlee wrote: »
    There's a post running on this on the L3 board. The new syllabus comes into force in september this year. So you need to have started the course by then to be able to do the old syllabus. Unless you are super quick I suspect you won't be able to complete L3 and start L4 by then.

The consensus seems to be in favour of starting L3 now to get onto the old course - PEAF is a test now rather than a project type exam in future and cash management will be dropped from L3 and included in L4 as an option. So doing L3 now may mean you can use the cash management module to reduce the modules needed for L4, but I'm not sure if this is a fact. There may also be a delay in being able to take the exams for the new syllabis as they won't be set up for x months and there could be teething problems. Plus you won't be able to start taking exams and potential even buying books until September if you choose to do the new course.

You will have until December 2014 to finish.
    The cash management lvl 3 module is NOT equivalent to the level 4 one, so it won't reduce the amount of exams for level 4, although it should make that module easier to cope with if you have already passed the lvl 3 one.
  • sedindriuke
    sedindriuke Registered Posts: 28 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi guys,
    i will post here as it related with level 3.
    I passed my BA1 exam but now im thinking of not going to take exams of level 2 officially and just start level 3 (while reading level 2 books to catch up for sure). But the question is... do AAT let me to take level 3 exams as they see that i started level 2 exams and did not finished or this is not their business? and If i take level 3 now, so i need to prepare for new scheme (as they changing everything from Sept) and prepare for new exams from republished books?

Thanks.
  • SashaDella
    SashaDella Registered Posts: 362
    Options
    Hi Sedindriuke!

You can take Level 3 exams without Level 2. To be AAT Qualified you have to pass all Level 3 and 4 units, so Level 2 is just to get a good grounding for the other levels.

I would say that Basic Costing in Level 2 is handy for Costs and Revenues for Level 3. Also BA1 is important for AP1 and 2. However the other exams you will be okay to skip.

I think that if you take a Level 3 exam before the change, then you can stay on the old syllabus until Dec 2014.

SashaDella
Privacy Policy