May be a stupid question...

Kelly7
Kelly7 Registered Posts: 218 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
This may be a stupid question but I passed my level 3 last week and people have been asking me what I am qualified to do now and I don't actually know. Other than having a level 3 qualification does anyone know if I am qualified in anything in particular?
Thank you and hope I don't sound stupid.
Kelly

Comments

• mentorkeith
    mentorkeith Registered Posts: 74 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Kelly7 wrote: ยป
    This may be a stupid question but I passed my level 3 last week and people have been asking me what I am qualified to do now and I don't actually know. Other than having a level 3 qualification does anyone know if I am qualified in anything in particular?
    Thank you and hope I don't sound stupid.
    Kelly

It is not a stupid question. Actually it seems a very good one. I had exactly the same thought yesterday. I sent an email to AAT to ask them what I am allowed to do and what I cannot at level 3. Once I get a reply, I will let you know.
  • Kelly7
    Ahh thank you. X
  • taraskyn
    taraskyn Registered Posts: 41 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi!
    You can go to AAT web site and look at the statements of achievement for level 2 and 3. This is what you better show to the employer when interviewing for a job. Those are skills that you must be confident enough to apply is real working enviroment. If you are self-emloyed member in practice you can do everything from that list only if you feel competent to carry out the task.
    It's all here (but temporarily does not work): https://www.aat.org.uk/assessment/statement-of-achievement.
  • Kelly7
    Thanks taraskyn. I was thinking more in terms of a name if that makes sense. I know its level 3 diploma but if someone asked what is the diploma in what do I say? I know it sounds stupid and I read many threads and posts on here of people's career goals and what training they're going to do next but I only did my level 2 because work thought it would help with my job and I asked to do level 3 as I enjoyed it but don't really know what I have actually gained in name terms.
    Xx
  • CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    This link gives you an idea of where the qualification sits in comparison to 'academic' exams:

http://ofqual.gov.uk/qualifications-and-assessments/qualification-frameworks/levels-of-qualifications/

This website is a little more specific:

http://www.dlcandtraining.co.uk/distance_learning_blog/distance-learning-news/what-is-a-level-3-qualification-equivalent-to/

If someone asks what the diploma is in, it's in Accounting! (Not accountancy, Google accounting vs accountancy to see what I mean!)
  • Kelly7
    Aww thanks CeeJay, that's a great help :)
    xxxx
Privacy Policy