How long does it take?

Options
PAMDILL
PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
I have been operating under an ICB Practice Licence as a bookkeeper for over 18 months, I contacted the AAT before doing so to check if this was permissible, made the mistake of doing so by phone.

I then, fortunately, contacted them by email 6 months later to confirm if I could use MAAT in my headed paper even thought I was under the ICB Practice Licence, again I received confirmation this was acceptable. I am grateful that I kept that email as about 6 weeks ago I contacted the AAT by phone to chase up information on moving my practice licence to the AAT after finding someone willing to offer continuity of Practice, I had been waiting for about a month for a reply to an email query.

At that point I got blasted for working as an MIP without a Practice Licence and informed that I should not have been working under the ICB Licence. I got sent out an application form and told to fill it in immediately and send it back and I would face disciplinary proceedings. I completed the form and returned it along with the email I had received regarding my Practice Licence. I also told them that I could not stop practicing as I had regular clients who relied on my work and I did have a Licence, PI cover and was registered under MLR.

I then had to wait for about a week for the site to let me sit the Ethics and MLR assessment.

This was around about the 14th of May and since then I have heard nothing, can anyone provide me with an estimate as to how long it takes the AAT to decide on an MIP application and if they are taking action.

Comments

• jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    PAMDILL wrote: »
    I have been operating under an ICB Practice Licence as a bookkeeper for over 18 months, I contacted the AAT before doing so to check if this was permissible, made the mistake of doing so by phone.

I then, fortunately, contacted them by email 6 months later to confirm if I could use MAAT in my headed paper even thought I was under the ICB Practice Licence, again I received confirmation this was acceptable. I am grateful that I kept that email as about 6 weeks ago I contacted the AAT by phone to chase up information on moving my practice licence to the AAT after finding someone willing to offer continuity of Practice, I had been waiting for about a month for a reply to an email query.

At that point I got blasted for working as an MIP without a Practice Licence and informed that I should not have been working under the ICB Licence. I got sent out an application form and told to fill it in immediately and send it back and I would face disciplinary proceedings. I completed the form and returned it along with the email I had received regarding my Practice Licence. I also told them that I could not stop practicing as I had regular clients who relied on my work and I did have a Licence, PI cover and was registered under MLR.

I then had to wait for about a week for the site to let me sit the Ethics and MLR assessment.

This was around about the 14th of May and since then I have heard nothing, can anyone provide me with an estimate as to how long it takes the AAT to decide on an MIP application and if they are taking action.

Sounds like you've had some fun! :/

I guess it's difficult to know because, clearly, there are other issues which complicate your case. However, when I applied to become a MIP I don't think anything took more than a couple of weeks come back. The part that took the longest was waiting for the AAT Membership cert' after I took their PCT and applied for membership.

I must admit, I've always found their membership services very helpful; you might find it's just worth another call?
Privacy Policy