Beauty salon located at home

Dottie
Dottie Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi

Client is a limited company and trade is beauty treatments. The company wants to transform the home garage into a salon and trade from there.

There will be quite a lots of costs involved and I am not sure what is the best advice to give the client re tax relief for the expenses, possible capital gains implications etc.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be most grateful...

Thank you.

Dottie

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Firstly, there is the matter of planning permission from the local council. Then there is the mortgage company if the house has a mortgage on it; their approval would be needed. All that should be considered before anything else. Hope that helps.
  • RAS
    RAS Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    agree with TC, its too easy for clients to want to claim tax relief for such expenditure but totally ignore all other implications re the mortgage, business rates, planning permission, insurance etc. Good luck with your advice, because I doubt it is likely to be what the client wants to hear.
  • Neillaw
    Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    They should also need to consider the consequences of the company going bust. I'm sure the liquidator will be rubbing his hands with the fact that there is property involved.
  • villapb
    villapb Registered Posts: 357
    Doubt very much you would get planning permission to run basically a retail premise from a residential premise, I would object if I was a neighbour because of cars pulling up etc..........just rent a small shop, less hassle instead of trying to claim a home improvement as business transaction lol......
Privacy Policy