Passed Level 4 an Exam early?

OlympicRudi
OlympicRudi Registered Posts: 55 Regular contributor ⭐
I've just received my level 4 certificate, passing me on the date of the result of my penultimate exam. I have sat personal tax & am awaiting the result still. Can anyone help with explaining this?

I can only think it has something with me doing an old version of Level 3, which I finished in early 2010. However my college told me all previous credit was void when they changed standards. Were they just trying to get extra money out of me?

Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    I've just received my level 4 certificate, passing me on the date of the result of my penultimate exam. I have sat personal tax & am awaiting the result still. Can anyone help with explaining this?

I can only think it has something with me doing an old version of Level 3, which I finished in early 2010. However my college told me all previous credit was void when they changed standards. Were they just trying to get extra money out of me?

Thanks,
    Chris

By the sound of it, yes. Either that or they aren't very clued up. If you did old standards Diploma for Level 3 you'll have been exempt from the credit management option unit at Level 4 so you only needed to do one optional unit.
  • ChristianB
    ChristianB Registered Posts: 197 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi OlympicRudi

It sounds odd for sure. Can you PM me your membership number and I'll get someone in the team to have a look at it.

Thanks
    I have now left AAT. If you require any assistance with the forums, please contact membership support: https://www.aat.org.uk/contact-us
  • OlympicRudi
    OlympicRudi Registered Posts: 55 Regular contributor ⭐
    coojee wrote: »
    By the sound of it, yes. Either that or they aren't very clued up. If you did old standards Diploma for Level 3 you'll have been exempt from the credit management option unit at Level 4 so you only needed to do one optional unit.
    Well I've asked them to check it out, but I did do the old Unit 15, so sounds reasonable. Though it would've been nice to know before doing my extra exam! Not that it was hard, just I forced myself to revise while ill & missed some things I really wanted to go to the weekend before.
Privacy Policy