Any tips?

Bernie Maguire
Bernie Maguire Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Hi All,

I'm due to start level 4 in September and was wondering if anyone had ANY tips/advice they could share? I have found level2 and 3 pretty straight forward, with a lot of hard work and revision I have passed all exams first time but have heard Level 4 is a big step up.

Any words of wisdom/ encouragement would be appreciated!

Thank you x

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Bernie

Level 4 can be a big step up for some students.

My advice is to work hard, ask lots of questions here and at college (if you attend one), complete lots of practice questions and the greenlight quizes and don't panic.

If you know what module you are going to start with it may be worth reading up on the level 3 material which is linked, for example AP1/2 for Financial Statements, and Costs and Revenues for Budgeting/Financial Performance.

I recommend completing Budgeting before Financial Performance and that you study ICAS (The Project) on its own as it can be quite an intensive module.

Above all, I would say enjoy studying level 4 :o

Any other questions just ask!

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • James Patterson
    James Patterson Registered Posts: 281
    I don't think there are any more important tips than to practice and work hard.

I attend college and you just have to go through as many activities, online practice exams and other materials.

The one other thing i do with exams (i use Osbourne books), i read it all through at college and in my own time, i pick out all important sections along with keywords at the end of the chapter. I go through them, learn them and highlight them when i know the definition/section without looking at anything.

With the amount of information it just helps cram it in there, the worst thing for me is in an exam when you see something and you go blank, so this sorta helps.

Best of luck :)
  • Bernie Maguire
    Bernie Maguire Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks for your replies :)

One year left to get my head down and into those books again.... until ACCA that's is lol
  • supersnoo
    supersnoo Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Hi

I have only completed Personal Tax and Financial Statements but found that using index cards was a life saver. There is a lot more to remember then level 3 and I found reading through my index cards really helped, I would read them at least once a day as soon as I started revision and although it didn't feel like it was all going in, it really did.
Privacy Policy