Holiday Destinations

Hi All,

I've posted this before, but want some new ideas.

Does anyone have a favourite holiday destination? Or somewhere they really want to go to?

My ideal is somewhere relaxing, golf and spa sounds nice too.

But anywhere is fine otherwise :)

Cheers all

Comments

• mandatory
    mandatory Registered Posts: 59 Epic contributor 🐘
    I tried going somewhere sunny in Spain but found that I didn't enjoy it so much. The thought of lounging around in a hotel is probably my idea of a nightmare! My friend enjoyed it but I got bored very quickly.

My dream destination is Japan - I've been learning the language for a few years now and I'd love to go within the next couple of years. The problem is saving up as I want to save enough to make it a really good trip. There's so much I want to see too - Mount Fuji, shrines, a trip on the bullet train, sumo wresting, traditional Japanese inns and of course the restaurants... the list goes on! Apart from Japan I'd also like to go to Canada, Italy and Amsterdam.
  • James Patterson
    James Patterson Registered Posts: 281
    mandatory wrote: »
    I tried going somewhere sunny in Spain but found that I didn't enjoy it so much. The thought of lounging around in a hotel is probably my idea of a nightmare! My friend enjoyed it but I got bored very quickly.

My dream destination is Japan - I've been learning the language for a few years now and I'd love to go within the next couple of years. The problem is saving up as I want to save enough to make it a really good trip. There's so much I want to see too - Mount Fuji, shrines, a trip on the bullet train, sumo wresting, traditional Japanese inns and of course the restaurants... the list goes on! Apart from Japan I'd also like to go to Canada, Italy and Amsterdam.

I went to Marbella for a week recently, spent it on beaches, it was relaxing but i also got bored pretty quickly!

Thats interesting, how tough is the language? I reckon Japan would be nice and cultural, but very interesting.

I've been to Italy many times, i love it. Ideally i want to live there where i'm older; who wouldn't want to live a place where you don't start work until you've had a nice coffee. I'm hoping to learn italian soon too!

Canada would be a nice trip, i want to go there and America more.

Amsterdam is a very interesting place haha I went to a football match there (Mental!) and it was a culture shock considering how conservative Britain is, fun place though.
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘

That sounds like an amazing plan! I'd love to learn Japanese, but I find learning Italian hard enough so I think it would be a bit too difficult for me. :)
    I went to Marbella for a week recently, spent it on beaches, it was relaxing but i also got bored pretty quickly!

Thats interesting, how tough is the language? I reckon Japan would be nice and cultural, but very interesting.

I've been to Italy many times, i love it. Ideally i want to live there where i'm older; who wouldn't want to live a place where you don't start work until you've had a nice coffee. I'm hoping to learn italian soon too!

Amsterdam is a very interesting place haha I went to a football match there (Mental!) and it was a culture shock considering how conservative Britain is, fun place though.

I am going to Italy in March- never been! So excited! I love churches so I am going to go and see a whole bunch! I started learning Italian last year and it is so much fun. It was quite simple to begin with but into the second term it got alot harder! I am umming and ahhing about going back to college in Sept to do term 3- depends how my ATT exams go.

I loved Gambia a couple of years ago, west Africa. So much culture there. Lovely blue skies and clear waters, beautiful smiling people- friendliest people in the world! It's called the smiling coast. So much poverty in those places, but they really do rely on tourism, which I suppose is quite sad, but without they would be alot poorer.

France in 4 weeks- can't wait!

North Wales in october!

(I never go on holiday- this year is a little odd!!)

B xxx
  • James Patterson
    That sounds busy Becca!

You want to be my italian tutor? :P I'm just going to buy a disc or something.

I've never thought about Gambia or Africa. I've never been to France either.

Only holiday i've got left this year is italy in September, had 2 weeks off recently though so its probably fair :D
  • mandatory
    mandatory Registered Posts: 59 Epic contributor 🐘

The language is seen as quite difficult but if you're a logical thinker it's not as hard as it seems. I think the characters put people off but I enjoy learning them.

Good luck with learning Italian! I'd love to go for the food and the art but would struggle with the language. I did learn French at school but stopped as soon as I left, thinking about picking up a European language again once CIMA is done and I have more free time. Which area do you recommend visiting first?

Canada is mostly for friends, I have a couple of friends in Vancouver and a family friend in Winnipeg, plus I'd love to see an ice hockey match in person. :) Amsterdam for the culture, I bet it's really laid back there. I'd just like to go somewhere different for a change!
  • James Patterson
    The language is seen as quite difficult but if you're a logical thinker it's not as hard as it seems. I think the characters put people off but I enjoy learning them.

Good luck with learning Italian! I'd love to go for the food and the art but would struggle with the language. I did learn French at school but stopped as soon as I left, thinking about picking up a European language again once CIMA is done and I have more free time. Which area do you recommend visiting first?

Canada is mostly for friends, I have a couple of friends in Vancouver and a family friend in Winnipeg, plus I'd love to see an ice hockey match in person. :) Amsterdam for the culture, I bet it's really laid back there. I'd just like to go somewhere different for a change!

Ah fair enough, its impressive regardless.

Thankyou :) you'd like Florence then. I don't know there are a few nice places Milan is great especially for fashion, Rome is great to just walk around for tourists, i like Sicily personally its gorgeous in parts! Turin is good for history too.

Depends what you like. I'll need to get some friends in Canada then :P

Amsterdam is really laid back, theres barely any crime too, just because nothing there is illegal haha Definitely for particular kinds of people, i enjoyed the days there though.
  • rarabrown
    rarabrown Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    My parents went or a three week road trip along Route 66. It was never an interest to me but after seeing some of the pictures, I think it would be something I'd enjoy.

My partner always talks about going to Italy as its a place where neither of us have been but money is tight at the moment so probs have to put that back a year or two.

The only holiday I have this year is a few days in a caravan in Devon. Not exactly exotic but a few days off work is definitely needed!!!
  • James Patterson
    That sounds brilliant! I've done 2 road trips through California, really nice as there's a constant change of scenery.

I can definitely appreciate a few days off! haha
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    rarabrown wrote: »
    The only holiday I have this year is a few days in a caravan in Devon. Not exactly exotic but a few days off work is definitely needed!!!

Nothing wrong with Devon, We's friendly down 'ere! :)

B xxx
Privacy Policy