Feedback Forum for AAT Website.

James AAT
James AAT Registered Posts: 9 Regular contributor ⭐
Dear Fellow AAT students,
I thought I would just share my experience regarding accessing the online practice assessments. I find once I log into the AAT website I have to log in again in order to Access MYAAT, which is rather a nuisance, although it might be related to my browser.

Regarding practice assessments: to find them what a tedious task it is. My general feeling is that the practice assessments are likely going to be the most popular area of MYAAT, but they are incredibly difficult to find if you are new the site. User's intuition should be considered when designing user interfaces. I think it would be reasonably rational to put a clear link called 'Practice Assessments' under 'Training and assessment', from where the CBA practice exams would be available.

I am sure it does not surprise anyone that good website design is of utmost importance these days and I entertain the idea as to whether it has been properly considered by the AAT. For a little more info on the subject please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_experience_design

Please reply if you have any similar grievances with the site.

Best wishes in your exams,
James

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    :ohmy: once you have found the practice assessments, why not create a favourite and then you can use that to access them in future? Just an idea.... and whilst I appreciate everything you say about web design etc. surely it is personal to the designer... yes I know they need to bear the end users in mind (I studied web design) however it has been designed the way they think it is best. I'm not sure if there was any research into layout etc. or any user testing before release... and as you are probably aware, they are still 'fixing/upgrading' areas of the new website.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • James AAT
    James AAT Registered Posts: 9 Regular contributor ⭐
    That is precisely the issue is: "the way they think it is best."

Which is why the area of expertise is called UX design (User experience design).
  • Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I'm also finding that it is a real pain to actually log in. The old login was so much better in that you could login as soon as you got to the main page rather than having to click once to 'open the drawer', click again to get to the login page and then scroll half way down the page before you can enter your details. In addition, I sometimes have to try to login three or four times before I can actually get into MyAAT.
  • vikesh92
    vikesh92 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Hello all,
    if you want more website designer please visit us at
    http://onlinewebsitemaintenance.com/
  • Anne Boleyn
    Anne Boleyn Registered Posts: 196 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I haven't visited the site much lately and don't think I'll bother coming back. Why do they have to change everything?
  • anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    Where are past post for Technician? why have things changed again? its just making life difficult. pft
  • Jo Clark
    It has changed due to a security issue, or that is my understanding. Unfortunately, there was no time to alert us, but surely it is better that it was taken away and fixed/upgraded rather than cause problems to the AAT network and/or our machines...
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    Hey Stuart/Christian/AAT Webteam... it is actually 23.33... can you guys please amend the clock since we went back an hour at the weekend :001_tongue:
    Benjamin Franklin
  • ChristianB
    ChristianB Registered Posts: 197 Epic contributor 🐘
    Jo Clark wrote: »
    Hey Stuart/Christian/AAT Webteam... it is actually 23.33... can you guys please amend the clock since we went back an hour at the weekend :001_tongue:

Hey Jo. You're right, it's been off sync! It's because Americans set their clocks back a bit later on in the year than us in the UK and VBulletin's software reflects that.

I've changed the settings around and the time appears to be right for guests and myself. Can you confirm whether you're seeing the correct time as well?

Thanks!
    I have now left AAT. If you require any assistance with the forums, please contact membership support: https://www.aat.org.uk/contact-us
  • Jo Clark
    Thanks Christian, the time looks correct now :)
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy