Finished AAT Starting CIMA

SandyHood
SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
If you are thinking of progressing from AAT to CIMA, and you want to sit exams in November this year then action may well be urgent.
Tomorrow is the last date (officially) for joining CIMA if you want to be eligible to sit exams in November.

By all means reply to this thread or email me if you have any queries
Sandy
sandy@sandyhood.com
www.sandyhood.com

Comments

• Sammys1987
    Sammys1987 Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi,

I really want to sit exams in nov for CIMA but I'm still waiting for my last exam result sat 4 weeks ago today. Is there anyway I can get my results ASAP so I know what to do as I don't want to miss the deadline :-(
  • Chris B
    Chris B Registered Posts: 14 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi,

I really want to sit exams in nov for CIMA but I'm still waiting for my last exam result sat 4 weeks ago today. Is there anyway I can get my results ASAP so I know what to do as I don't want to miss the deadline :-(

Hi,

When I did it, I allowed CIMA to have access to my results (I think before I received them) which meant they'd hold a place. I did all this over the phone, it was straight forward and so too were the exemptions. The only trouble I had was finding a learning provider who hadn't already started lectures before AAT results came out. I found BPP in the end

Hope this helps

And good luck
    Chris
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi,

Hi

Register with CIMA now, you should have until the 12th September to get your results to them and be granted exemption from the Certificate stage. You need to enter for the exams no later than 14th September - double check the dates with CIMA

Neil
  • Sammys1987
    Thank you Neil and chris!!
    I registered with CIMA today!! Will just have to wait the next 13 days out (impatiently) until I get my last exam result!! Fingers crossed, then I can start studying for exams in nov!!:-) fingers crossed!!!
  • Chris B
    Thank you Neil and chris!!
    I registered with CIMA today!! Will just have to wait the next 13 days out (impatiently) until I get my last exam result!! Fingers crossed, then I can start studying for exams in nov!!:-) fingers crossed!!!

Sammy, where are you planning on studying CIMA? Has anyone given you some information on what you'll find in store for you in CIMA, how it builds on AAT and what the CIMA certificate students covered which is different to AAT?

Iv got CIMA materials in PDF format which you might find useful?

Chris
  • Sammys1987
    Hi chris,

I was planning on doing it self study (if its possible) just from the books like I did with AAT level 4. As I'm on maternity leave at the mo and my current job won't support my study. I've only looked online about CIMA, as I tried to call but didn't get through and got fed up of waiting!

Yes please if you could send me the PDF to samsheehan92@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks very much.

Sammy
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi,

I've started doing CIMA (looking at doing at least F1 this November, possibly P1 too depending on time etc) just a quick question with regards to F1, is there a list that has the IFRSs/IASs for that specific exam? I've got a copy of the syllabus but it doesn't state all the numbers and I don't want to miss any off.

Thank you in advance.

~Mouse
  • Sammys1987
  • Chris B
    Hi,

I've started doing CIMA (looking at doing at least F1 this November, possibly P1 too depending on time etc) just a quick question with regards to F1, is there a list that has the IFRSs/IASs for that specific exam? I've got a copy of the syllabus but it doesn't state all the numbers and I don't want to miss any off.

Thank you in advance.

~Mouse

Hi, yes, there is a complete list of all IFRS's and IAS's but you don't need to quote them in the exam, you just need knowledge of their content

Regards
    Chris
  • GreenMousey
    Thank you, is the list on the CIMA website? I've had a look on there but don't seem to be able to find them. I realise you don't need to know the numbers but it's easier to for reference in Claire Finch's book that I used for Financial Statements.
  • mrb82
    mrb82 Registered Posts: 147 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Can I just clarify a point?

Will I still get my exemptions from certificate level if I enrol for the May sittings?
  • Chris B
    Thank you, is the list on the CIMA website? I've had a look on there but don't seem to be able to find them. I realise you don't need to know the numbers but it's easier to for reference in Claire Finch's book that I used for Financial Statements.

I don't think there's a list as such on the website, if I have any of the resources for that paper in PDF format, I'm happy to email you it?
  • GreenMousey
    Thank you, that would be great, my email is thegreenmousey@hotmail.com

Thank you :)
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    examinable standards

Full list of examinable standards for Paper F1:
    โ€ข IASs 1 (revised*), 2, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18, 23, 24, 32, 36, 37, 38 and 39
    โ€ข IFRSs 3 (revised**), 5 and 8

Full list of examinable standards for Paper F2:
    โ€ข IASs 1 (revised*), 7, 19, 21, 28, 29, 31, 32, 33 and 39
    โ€ข IFRSs, 2, 3 (revised**), 5 (but only in respect of subsidiaries held for disposal), 7,
    8,10, 11, 12 and 13

Link
    http://www.cimaglobal.com/Documents/Student%20docs/2010%20syllabus%20docs/F1/F1andF2_minorsyllabuschanges_frommay2013%20onwards%20final.pdf
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy