Finished level 3!!

CharlotteS
CharlotteS Registered Posts: 26 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Passed the dreaded PEAF yesterday, such a relief! So thats level 3 done. Going to give myself a month off now before starting Level 4 in October.
Thanks for your help everyone, see you in the Level 4 section :001_smile:

Comments

• Kris1990
    Kris1990 Registered Posts: 52 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Congrats :)
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Congrats :)

Charlotte how was level 3? I'm going to be starting it soon. What order of study was recommended to you? AP followed by?..

Rgds
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • CharlotteS
    Thanks everyone.

I did AP1 then 2, ITX, CRS, CMGT, SPSW then finished with PEAF.
    Overall I found it pretty easy. ITX and SPSW were probably the easiest. A lot of people seemed to struggle with CRS and CMGT but I really enjoyed them. I did distance learning so the hardest bit was finding the motivation to study when I got in from work.
  • amurray
    Thanks everyone.

I did AP1 then 2, ITX, CRS, CMGT, SPSW then finished with PEAF.
    Overall I found it pretty easy. ITX and SPSW were probably the easiest. A lot of people seemed to struggle with CRS and CMGT but I really enjoyed them. I did distance learning so the hardest bit was finding the motivation to study when I got in from work.

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for this info :001_smile:

I'm also distance learning and can relate to sometimes finding it hard to get that motivation going, I just keep thinking there is a light at the end of the tunnel, more ยฃยฃ once qualified and the letters MAAT.

Good luck with Level 4 :)
  • Vlee
    Vlee Registered Posts: 136 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Well done! How long did it take? I'm a self studier so struggle with studying in the evening when I'm tired.

I hope ITX is easy as I have it tomorrow. I'm also secretly looking forward to CRS to see how hard it really is. Enjoy the break and I will hopefully be joining the L4 section in the new year.
  • CharlotteS
    Thanks Vlee. It took be about a year but I went for weeks at a time without studying. I found I only really studied properly if I had an exam booked and a deadline to work towards.

Good luck with ITX, i thought it was really easy. As long as you know how to do a vat return then everything else is in the reference material. I managed to answer everything without using the reference material, but then looked at it just to make sure.
  • elim
    elim Registered Posts: 9 Regular contributor โญ
    Hello ,
    Just a quick question /questions :) I have finished AAT Level 2 Certificate in April this year. I attended once a week at the college. For AAT Level 3 I am thinking to go for online live classes as I cannot take off from work.
    Can you pls tell how difficult is Level 3 and how did you study? I am quite concerned because English is not my first language and I have never worked in accountancy before so I was wondering if you could give me an advice I will really appreciate it.
    many thankx
  • elim
    elim Registered Posts: 9 Regular contributor โญ
    aat level 3

Yes you did distance learning, after I read your thread d'oh :). I am panicking because this is my worry that I will find it dif to drag myself and do it. well done for your achievement :)
  • steve2008
    steve2008 Registered Posts: 89 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Vlee wrote: ยป
    Well done! How long did it take? I'm a self studier so struggle with studying in the evening when I'm tired.

I hope ITX is easy as I have it tomorrow. I'm also secretly looking forward to CRS to see how hard it really is. Enjoy the break and I will hopefully be joining the L4 section in the new year.

Looking forward to CRS? wow, TBH this forum has put me off starting that module, along with the thickness of the book, 380 pages! (osborne). I find booking an exam date helps push studying along.

I always seem to try to get an extra exam in when I do that though, maybe I am too lenient with my dates.

Sept 2nd for CM and PEAF. Maybe squeezing in Personal Tax Lvl 4 module if I am comfortable with the last 2 chapters. That leaves me just CRS in level 3.

Elim Level 3 is a step up from level 2, I don't think your lack of English would prohibit your progress too much. Most of the learning involves numbers and calculations and reading the examples should help you with any misunderstanding of reading the material. I use the Osborne books, and find that it's broken down well. Most chapters can be done in a single 2 hour session which helps.
  • CharlotteS
    Don't let comments on the forum put you off Steve. I panicked after reading peoples thoughts on CRS, lots of people saying they had failed several times and that the real exam was nothing like the practice ones, but it was actually really enjoyable.
  • Vlee
    Vlee Registered Posts: 136 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I have a BPP CRS book which looks fairly average in size, Cash Management looks very thin and tempting but AP1 is huge and intimidating, the latter two being Kaplan. I do need a newer CRS book though.

I did a load of Tax Return questions last night from a Kaplan revision book. I think I've got it except the format of the accounts extract is always different which can trip me up. I will be hitting the practice exams tonight. I rarely look at the reference material, but I'm suprised how comprehensive it is.

I'm hoping to finish by the end of the year but no pressure if not, a month per module seems about right for me so far. It's just booking the exam that takes ages because I can only do weekends and rarely two exams per day are available. Maybe I should book well in advance for AP1 & 2 to provide motivation.

Elim, I'm self studying, much cheaper. I just use the books, if you find reading easier than listening in English you might be better doing this. I always found reading easier in languages I learnt. PEAF is the most wordy, no numbers at all.
  • steve2008
    steve2008 Registered Posts: 89 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Well, I passed Costs and Revenues yesterday. I must admit, it was quite enjoyable to learn.
    I did have a stinking headache all day and did not feel confident, yet I managed to get Exceeded on every question for the first time, which I don't really understand, but I'll take it :)
  • PhillipP
    PhillipP Registered Posts: 20 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    That's me finished as well. Just got home from completing AP2. After 18 weeks of books and study I'm having a long rest before contemplating Level 4 in the new year.

My favourite units - AP1, AP2 and Spreadsheets.
  • Clintm15
    Clintm15 Registered Posts: 248 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Congratulations. Onwards and upwards. :)
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
  • PhillipP
    PhillipP Registered Posts: 20 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Well I said that I was going to wait until the new year, but I couldn't! Went into Waterstome's yesterday and saw the Osborne Level 4 Budgeting workbook. But because it was the old 2010 version and cost ยฃ17 I decided against it. But flicking through the pages and seeing sections on fixed, variable and semi-variable costs got me so itchy for level 4. Only went and ordered the new Preparing and Using Budgets workbook online from Osborne last night. And the good news is that while I'm waiting for delivery I've got access to the eBook online so can get a couple of chapters read this weekend.
  • amurray
    It's so addictive at times isn't it, I done that with Level 3, after finishing Level 2 I thought a short break, but was just so eager to start L3.

Good Luck with your studies PhillipP.

Cheers.
Privacy Policy