How nervous do you get before an exam?

amyjayne27
amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi all

Just interested to know how nervous you get before an exam. Does it not bother you or do you get worked up the day before?

I have my exam tommorow and I am not sure how I am feeling to be honest!

Comments

• wabisabi
    wabisabi Registered Posts: 130 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi Amy

At the risk of sounding like a weirdo I actually quite enjoy it ... mostly! I say "mostly" because however well I've prepared I can't relax the night before - I always feel a bit guilty, as if I should be making better use of the final hours before the exam. I usually feel worse afterwards waiting for the results.

All the best for tomorrow!
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Amy

For me it depends on the exam and how well prepared I felt for it. Some of the level 4 exams did not worry me at all and were a pleasure to sit whilst others left me feeling sick and a complete wreck the night before.... and for the run up to results day. I tried telling myself what is done is done and as long as you do your best that is all that anyone can ask for :o

I guess we all deal with exam pressure/stress in different ways.

Good luck with your exam.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I know what you mean wabisabi!

I feel exactly the same, and once the exam gets going I am okay it's just waiting in the exam centre!

I don't find it gets any easier either, I cannot wait until my studying days come to an end.

Jo, what were your best exams and what were your wort out of interest?
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    My worst was Financial Statements.... sorry, Not because I didn't know 'my stuff' but just found it really challenging. I know you are about to start this so don't let that put you off... It was my first level 4 module and was started within a few days of completing level 3 - I think a small break may have been beneficial.

My best were the two tax modules which I really enjoyed studying for :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy