Who to study with? - distance learning.

NJSims
NJSims Registered Posts: 6 Regular contributor ⭐
Im looking to start studying AAT level 2 relatively soon and think distance learning is best for me as I work full time already. I've come across many providers and think I've narrowed my options down to eagle, kaplan and premier.

I was hoping if some body could tell me about their experiences with any of these.

Any response would be appreciated.

Comments

• LeeIOW
    LeeIOW Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Hi NJSims,

I studied AAT Level 2 distance learning while at a place of work using BPP. I found their books clear and easy to use, I've just finished Level 3 and plan to continue using BPP to complete Level 4. I would definitely recommend them! :001_smile:
  • angmc
    angmc Registered Posts: 73 Epic contributor 🐘
    Well I'm using Premier and I really can't fault them.

You could save yourself a lot of money by doing Level 2 without a training provider, just buy the books and do the online AAT assessments to make sure you're up to scratch. There's not much point doing the official exams as you don't need Level 2 to become AAT qualified, just Levels 3 & 4.

I wish I'd know that when I started, could have saved myself some money!

Anyway good luck with it whichever way you decide to do it.
  • NJSims
    NJSims Registered Posts: 6 Regular contributor ⭐
    angmc wrote: »
    Well I'm using Premier and I really can't fault them.

You could save yourself a lot of money by doing Level 2 without a training provider, just buy the books and do the online AAT assessments to make sure you're up to scratch. There's not much point doing the official exams as you don't need Level 2 to become AAT qualified, just Levels 3 & 4.

I wish I'd know that when I started, could have saved myself some money!

Anyway good luck with it whichever way you decide to do it.

I've never thought about toughing it alone for level 2.

Is it as simple as buying the books, swatting up then taking online tests via the AAT website?
  • angmc
    angmc Registered Posts: 73 Epic contributor 🐘
    Yep as far as I know but I'm willing to be corrected...I'd hate to give you duff information! To access the online practice assessments you'll have to register with AAT and they do ask for your training provider but you can just use the details of your local AAT exam centre or where you'll be taking your Level 3 & 4 exams, just check they take external students.

you might find this thread useful.

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?37990-Self-studying-Level-2
Privacy Policy