AQ2010 or 2013 - definitive answer

Options
CeeJaySix
CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
Afternoon all,

I know this has been queried a few times and the common consensus on here seems to be that if you start a new level post September, you will automatically go onto AQ2013.

I have just tried to book my first Level 4 exam. My training provider has given me AQ2013 materials and said ring AAT to make sure I'm switched over. I rang AAT, they said either pathway is open to me and it's up to my exam centre to switch me over. My exam centre thinks I should stay on 2010 as I sat Level 3 on that.

Every page on the AAT website which is returned when I search for AQ2013 comes back 'Access Denied' (yes I'm logged in!).

I am pursuing this through my training provider and AAT as well, but as no-one can agree I thought I'd see if anyone on here has a definitive rock-solid dead-certain answer so I can get this exam booked! (And does it make a blind bit of difference for budgeting/FNPF/FNST anyway?!).

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    CeeJaySix wrote: »
    Afternoon all,

I know this has been queried a few times and the common consensus on here seems to be that if you start a new level post September, you will automatically go onto AQ2013.

I have just tried to book my first Level 4 exam. My training provider has given me AQ2013 materials and said ring AAT to make sure I'm switched over. I rang AAT, they said either pathway is open to me and it's up to my exam centre to switch me over. My exam centre thinks I should stay on 2010 as I sat Level 3 on that.

Every page on the AAT website which is returned when I search for AQ2013 comes back 'Access Denied' (yes I'm logged in!).

I am pursuing this through my training provider and AAT as well, but as no-one can agree I thought I'd see if anyone on here has a definitive rock-solid dead-certain answer so I can get this exam booked! (And does it make a blind bit of difference for budgeting/FNPF/FNST anyway?!).

Since you're already registered with the AAT it's up to you which standards you do. It makes no difference that you are starting a new level. You can stay on AQ2010 if you want and either complete by Dec 14 or transfer over if you need to or you can start now on AQ2013. For FNST, BGT and FNPF it doesn't matter which you do, if you do AQ2010 they'll transfer straight across to AQ2013 anyway. The thing that will decide what level you're on will be when you enter for the exams, if you take an AQ2013 exam then you'll be transferred over, if you take an AQ2010 exam then you'll stay on AQ2010.
  • CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    Options
    Coojee, many thanks for that. Looks like everyone was right after a fashion. Finishing by December not a problem (aiming for Feb/March) but I guess as my provider has sent me 2013 materials I'll transfer across, there seem to be a couple of mocks for each subject on myAAT already so shouldn't suffer. My exam centre was concerned about the top-up assessment for PEAF required to switch to the new standard and that Cash Management would no longer be recognised at Lvl 3, but as my certificate arrived today I'm sure they can't wipe it out!
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    CeeJaySix wrote: »
    Coojee, many thanks for that. Looks like everyone was right after a fashion. Finishing by December not a problem (aiming for Feb/March) but I guess as my provider has sent me 2013 materials I'll transfer across, there seem to be a couple of mocks for each subject on myAAT already so shouldn't suffer. My exam centre was concerned about the top-up assessment for PEAF required to switch to the new standard and that Cash Management would no longer be recognised at Lvl 3, but as my certificate arrived today I'm sure they can't wipe it out!

As long as L3 is complete there won't be any top up required for PEAF.
Privacy Policy