Sage help please - emailing customer statements

Gem7321
Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Hi all

I have set up a template in Sage to email customer statements which works brilliantly. However, the problem I have is that it is emailing to customers even with the 'I email statements etc' box unticked. It would be too time-consuming for us to individually select which customers we want to email statements to, we would like to be able to 'swap' then email the statement but for it to leave out any that do not have this box ticked. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Also, is there any way I can generate a list of statements that have not been emailed to show us the ones that we need to print and post?

Thanks

Comments

• Gem7321
    Now resolved!
  • ExcelAnt
    ExcelAnt Registered Posts: 80 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi,

I'd love to know how you managed this. currently I do this one by one and it takes forever!!!
  • Gem7321
    Hi
    I created a copy of the layout and named one Print and one Email then applied a filter to each (SALES_LEDGER.LETTERS_VIA_EMAIL<>1 / SALES_LEDGER.LETTERS_VIA_EMAIL<>0) so now I can select all customers and run both reports and only get the ones that I want.
    I am having trouble with footers though. When I preview the report in sage it displays fine, but when I actually open the attachment from the email the page footer on the last page drops off. If you have any knowledge on this it will be gratefully received!
    Gem
  • Gem7321
    Actually I've now discovered that it drops off one-page statements as well when opened from the email!
  • ExcelAnt
    Hiya, nice

Im simply having trouble with it outputting to emails currently across multiple customers. im liking some of the new changes in 2014 edition.

I see what youve done and its clever! anything to speed up debt chasing is always a bonus.

Thanks,
  • ExcelAnt
    Where do you use the filter? would that be the reason its pushing the report down? sorry stab in the dark but i'd say its a layout issue of the template but your way beyond my level of experience here :)
  • ExcelAnt
    can only suggest View > properties then under Export settings check all sections are ticked
  • Gem7321
    Hiya
    I called Sage in the end and they advised not to use a page footer as it doesn't work properly! So instead I created a template which is just my letter head and applied this to my statement layout and fiddled with my margins to get it to display properly.
    What problems are you having outputting to emails? Do you get an error message at all? When I first tried all of my statements were being emailed as one attachment to one customer until I changed the 'to' settings to group2 sales ledger email.
    Hope this helps!
Privacy Policy