Computerised Accounting

liam89
liam89 Registered Posts: 27 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi all,

I have my final exam of level 2 on Wednesday (Computerised Accounting) and I am a little unsure as to the format of the assessment.

I am a self studier using only textbooks and the AAT website. As such, I have not been able to practise a lot on Sage itself, and haven't completed many sample assessments (like the other exams on the AAT website).

If someone could clarify the following for me, it would be appreciated.

- When I have been able to practise on Sage, I have used Sage 50 Accounts. Is this the same as the one which will be used in the assessment?

- When asked to 'Print a screen shot' of a screen, do we have access to another program (like Word) to paste it into? Whenever I have sat one of the assessments, I haven't really seen a typical Desktop on the computer where I can access other programs!

- For the question 'Print a Supplier Activity List', I have clicked on the Suppliers tab, then Activity, then Print List. The question says it should show each suppliers name, account code, credit limit and opening balance. However my printout only shows the the transaction number, date and amount of the transactions I have posted. Should I be going through a different route?

Any other information that others may have picked up on from their own tutors about what to expect during this assessment would be great.

Thanks all!

Comments

• Relle
    Relle Registered Posts: 14 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hello

I have just seen your message..as I am 6 weeks away from taking the same exam....and looking for advice myself...like more practice help...as I am stressing....I am ok for adding new customers and suppliers...invoices and credits...its from the bank rec and journal entries where it all gets a bit messy! I have contacted SAGE so many times who have been helpful to pull be back from the dark merky waters of balancing out the totals...as to wait for the tutors takes too long..

How did you go on your exam? Can you let me know how you go on with your queries above? and what was your sentiments of the exam against the AAT example questions?

thanks in advance

Relle
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi Liam,

When I took CMPA/SAGE in September this year I was working on Sage Instant Accounts, however the Sage 50 & Instant Accounts are mainly the same to navigate, just have a few different options under different menus. You could double check this with the examination center? - Hoping someone else can post to elaborate on this abit more for me.

Yes you'll post screen shots into Word, and then save this to a folder on your desktop. I know what you mean about other examinations and not being able to see the desktop. With CMPA exam you will see the toolbar and desktop.

For this question I used the following and was marked correct - 'Print a Supplier Activity List' = Navigate to: Suppliers Tab > Reports (At top of screen) > Supplier Activity Reports (from left hand menu) > Supplier Activity (Detailed) Excluding No Transactions. This will show you everything on the supplier account, account number, date, n/c reference, value, debit, credit etc.

My tutor advised, remember to print (Save) a full nominal list and also trial balance when you are asked too, these are two vital parts.

Good luck for your exam.

Cheers.
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • liam89
    Hi,

I had confirmation through today that I passed the CMPA exam and with this, Level Two as a whole.

The assessment itself was very similar to the practice assessment on here, however I was told that I would be uploading all files instead of printing a few as the questions actually state. I would advise to learn how to present any documents on screen as a preview so you can screenshot them, even if the question asks you to print them.

To be honest, the majority of my revision came from printing off the sample assessment and working through it to make sure I could answer all of the Sage questions. If you can do this, you should be fine. However, make sure you don't get tripped up on the second section. Know why you are doing each report and what they look like.

Liam

• amurray
    Congrats Liam on passing CMPA and Level 2! - so moving onto Level 3 already I see!?

​Cheers.
  • liam89
    Yes, just cracking on with the next level.

Thanks for the congrats!
  • amurray
    Good luck with SDST :) Please can you inform me how you find this exam, I'm thinking of taking it shortly.
  • Relle
    Congratulations Liam...thats great...my dates getting closer (8 December) ...and thanks for the tip....However, make sure you don't get tripped up on the second section. Know why you are doing each report and what they look like.

all the best
    Relle
  • liam89
    No problem Relle.

8th December? Is your exam on a Sunday?

Liam
  • Relle
    well...in fact it was for sunday..but just rescheduled to Saturday..so the 7th...I am coming from France to do it...I live in Paris...and work is paying for the exam and the travel...but not giving me a day off...so ...got to take the good with the bad!

I have just gone thru the whole book and written out why we print and check the reports and what they all mean...so thanks again...thats cleared that up!

Relle
  • liam89
    Just as an extra note, it took me just over two weeks to receive my mark and I am a distance learner/self-studier too.
    Best of luck for your exam!
  • Relle
    I have to admit thou...with the use of SAGE as one component...and then the books from the college...and then the on line test question from Myaat site...its a lot to read and understand...would of been better if they had some sort of dummy version of SAGE so what you produce in your testing is at least the same as what they are expecting in the answers. For eg. I received feedback last night from my tutor test and although I passed one of the errors she had to put down to the system I used may be due to an incompatibility issue. Quite annoying! You hope on the day that won't be the case.

Liam...can I ask you...does the questions pop up on the screen for you to work through to enter your company then your customers/suppliers etc or can you print it out like you would the on line test questionnaire...and work your way through it...ticking off what you have done etc.

thanks for letting me know..

Relle
  • Cain Squires
    Cain Squires Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Well done Liam! Thanks for the heads up on some of the bits in the test, I have my Sage exam soon,
  • liam89
    Thanks Cain. Good luck for your exam.
    Relle - Yes the questions are all on screen and I worked through them on screen as well. I didn't print a single thing off in my exam. I took screenshots and then uploaded the digital files to the relevant part of the website (you'll be shown how to do this at the start of the exam).
  • Relle
    You know Liam...I just can't imagine this whole exam....reason I ask about printing off the questions as I write all over the work to make sure I have the nominal accounts ready and if its a bank/payment or bank/customer etc...so ...I guess I am going to have to just trust that i am completely geared up for whatever presents itself...I am so fed up and just want it OVER!

Very best of luck to you for the exam today!
  • liam89
    Relle, make sure you take a back-up often (I'd even recommend after each question). That way you feel a lot more relaxed in case you did make a mistake, because you can just go back and start again.

Thank you! It went well :)
Privacy Policy