Can you add something to your licence mid way through the year?

Options
Sarah-Lou
Sarah-Lou Registered Posts: 141 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I have never been licensed for VAT, didn't fancy taking on clients who may have messes VAT issues to be sorted out! However, now one of my current clients is having to register for VAT as her business as increased immensely. I can do VAT, i've done in my employed role since 2008. Will I have to wait till my licence is renewed before I can attempt to add it to it?

Hoping someone might know :)

Sarah-Lou

Comments

• imeldabye
    imeldabye Registered Posts: 147 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Yes you can, I've done it, (though that was 2 years ago, rules may have changed?) call the Membership Team and they will let you know what you need to do- essentially prove you have experience and are qualified in that area- you email them your mini application and they let you know quickly if it is approved and I think they send you a new Practising Licence, but I am not 100% sure on that bit.
  • imeldabye
    imeldabye Registered Posts: 147 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Yes you can, I've done it, (though that was 2 years ago, rules may have changed?) call the Membership Team and they will let you know what you need to do- essentially prove you have experience and are qualified in that area- you email them your mini application and they let you know quickly if it is approved and I think they send you a new Practising Licence, but I am not 100% sure on that bit.
Privacy Policy