Has anybody heard of the training organisation Parker Ascot?

geek84
geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi folks

Has anybody has any dealing with the above company? They claim to be a training and recruitment agency and say that by 2015, 20,000 individuals would have benefited from their training/career programmes. They also claim to be members of The Recruitment and Employment Federation.

They have a career start programme which costs £600 which is mainly targeted for career changers, although anybody can join. You need to pay a deposit of £300. In that, you get trained on an accounts package and get help to find relevant work experience. This work experience can be paid or voluntary - depending on the employer. They also claim that if you do a good job on your placement, you could be offered a permanent position. Once you get this permanent position, you will then need to pay the balance of £300, total programme costing £600. If you don't get a permanent job whilst on the work placement, they claim to help you all the way in finding suitable employment. By help, they say they would give interview technique advice, application form and cv advice etc.

This all sounds too expensive to me, but I have been unemployed for a while, so if you were me, would you enrol on this programme?

Thank You.

Comments

• dan1983
    dan1983 Registered Posts: 33 Epic contributor 🐘
    I would also like to know what everyone thinks, as I am a career changer from a plumbing background so am finding it extremely hard to even get an interview.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I've worked in the recruitment industry recently and I have never heard of these and I can't even find their website. This sounds like a rip-off to me, you can get interview advice and cv writing guidance from most agencies for free and you can source voluntary work experience yourself for free.
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

I'm no legal eagle, but I resonably sure that it isn't legal to charge candidates for recruitment services. Though maybe they can get around this by making it some sort of "membership" product.

What package do they train you on?

Neil
  • tede789
    tede789 Registered Posts: 1
    geek84 said:

Hi folks

Has anybody has any dealing with the above company? They claim to be a training and recruitment agency and say that by 2015, 20,000 individuals would have benefited from their training/career programmes. They also claim to be members of The Recruitment and Employment Federation.

They have a career start programme which costs £600 which is mainly targeted for career changers, although anybody can join. You need to pay a deposit of £300. In that, you get trained on an accounts package and get help to find relevant work experience. This work experience can be paid or voluntary - depending on the employer. They also claim that if you do a good job on your placement, you could be offered a permanent position. Once you get this permanent position, you will then need to pay the balance of £300, total programme costing £600. If you don't get a permanent job whilst on the work placement, they claim to help you all the way in finding suitable employment. By help, they say they would give interview technique advice, application form and cv advice etc.

This all sounds too expensive to me, but I have been unemployed for a while, so if you were me, would you enrol on this programme?

Thank You.

I have just signed up with this company for the Sage training package, levels 1,2 and 3. I work on Sage all the time but thought it would look good on my CV,. I was offered this programme through one of the discount voucher sites and only paid £42.00 for the whole package( including certificates) which needs to be completed within one year. I would try and look on voucher sites first as they have these offers all the time. I also believe it is certainly not mainstream to be charged for gaining employment through an agency as they are paid a commission by the Company who they recruit for.
    Hope this helps
  • pyaramosam
    pyaramosam Registered Posts: 1
    They claim to be a training and recruitment agency and say that by 2015, 20,000 individuals would have benefited from their training/career programmes. They also claim to be members of The Recruitment and Employment Federation.???
Privacy Policy