Personal & Business tax

Hi all, I took personal tax yesterday, I dont know how I did as I know I got one wrong, two questions made no sense one didnt give you a figure to work by! For those who took personal and business tax is one easier than the other or are they both pretty equal? Thanks

Comments

• Clintm15
    Clintm15 Registered Posts: 248 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Clare,

I purchased both text books before deciding which one I would take and I felt that for me, Business tax was a larger and more complex unit. I opted for Personal tax.

AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
  • Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I done both tax papers. I would say Business Tax has more elements, but there are a lot of information used in both.
    Personally, I would see if P Tax is passed before starting B Tax. I failed both tax papers first time, and passed second. But if you jump between them, it is easy to get confused.
    Concentrate on one tax exam, pass that and then move to the other.
    the only problem with this is the long 6 week wait. Good luck:thumbup1:
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    Oh no! This means if I struggled with personal I am going to struggle with Business *wah* oh well I have 6 weeks before I find out about ptx so enough time to get well stuck in to business. Only ICAS left after that :)
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    Oh sorry you mean wait till I have heard from ptx before starting...hmmm I dunno if I want to do that, I wanted to have some summer off to build the car and ICAS would work well so I think I will start on business at the weekend :)
  • CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    Business tax is definitely the harder unit due to size (more to remember, but no more difficult), but there is a fair degree of overlap with PTX. I found PTX harder to sit as it was all new and foreign, and BTX easier as I'd grasped a lot of the terminology and techniques from PTX, despite it being the more difficult unit.
  • Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    CeeJay has a good way to put it.
    I was never a Tax fan, so I wouldn't worry to much. but if all you have is 2 tax and ICAS, your nearly done. Just don't leave the ICAS to long, as sometimes this can be the one loose momentum on
Privacy Policy