How much down time do you a get a week?

With full time job and aat level 4 just wondering how much free time people are getting? As my social life is currently none exsitant. I get around 8 hours free a week I reckon which I force my self to take otherwise I would just keep working

Comments

• Lucy_M
    Lucy_M Registered Posts: 136 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I work 30 hours a week with 4 kids from 5 - 17 years, what is this free time thing you speak of...? I manage 1 1/2 hours a week for a yoga class. But it's a long term plan for me, once finished with the course I'll leave my job and start working for myself, eek, scary!So at least for a while life should be easier and I'll avoid childcare over the holidays, although I will continue studying with ATT or ACCA (not sure yet..)

Fingers crossed level 4 should be done before the summer and we can have a life again! :thumbup:
  • Kelly7
    Kelly7 Registered Posts: 218 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I am completely the same, I have to say no to my friends when they're doing stuff which I get moaned at but I keep thinking I'm half way through now, third exam on Tuesday then there will just be two left (plus any retakes) and my report is more than half way done.

I know you didn't ask where we are in the course but I just wanted to reply and say keep working through it. I've had many moments of feeling down but I can see June is on it's way and think how good you'll feel once you see you last 'Competent' appear in your results.

How you getting on? You have financial performance next?

x
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    I sat and wrote a reply but all it sounded like was .....I study all the time. lol! I guess I make the most of it when I havent got an exam a few days away and when I have a weekend off we try and go away :/ Painting my nails and watching a film has become a rare treat!
  • topcat
    topcat Registered Posts: 452
    Kelly7 wrote: »
    I am completely the same, I have to say no to my friends when they're doing stuff which I get moaned at but I keep thinking I'm half way through now, third exam on Tuesday then there will just be two left (plus any retakes) and my report is more than half way done.

I know you didn't ask where we are in the course but I just wanted to reply and say keep working through it. I've had many moments of feeling down but I can see June is on it's way and think how good you'll feel once you see you last 'Competent' appear in your results.

How you getting on? You have financial performance next?

x

I have to keep saying no to mates as well feel as though im letting them down , but just got to get this out the way in the next four months and i will get a life again , ah life !

Financial statements next which i am really struggling remembering everything so i have sort of given up reading and reading the book again just going to do as many questions as i can and hope that works (usually that is the only way i actually do remember ) . then budgeting straight after so my revision is a right mess at the minute

what you working on at the mo?
  • Kelly7
    Kelly7 Registered Posts: 218 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Yes, least we can see the end now. I have financial performance on tue, not too confident with that though. X
  • turbo_sammie
    turbo_sammie Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor ⭐
    I'm exactly the same, I constantly say no to friends and family when they invite me out. I think the hardest part is getting moaned at by everyone, even though they must know that I'd rather be down the pub than sat at home studying?! Yet they continue to moan at me anyway! So it's like double punishment! Only 3 more exams to go though and then I am freeeeeeee.....!!!!
  • CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    I've managed to keep my weekends free for beer and golf (and the wife), and all but the odd Friday night, but do find that Mon-Thurs I get in from work about 5 and study through til 8 or 9 before having an hour or two on the sofa before bed, with an hour out here and there for squash or boxing. Finished now, but I've averaged an exam every 3 weeks for about a year to do the 3 levels (and an extra module). I think there's a balance to be found, most of us probably just want to get through it as fast as possible and I've found that working in practice has certainly helped as a lot of the financial accounting-type units become second nature, but if you give up your social life it can be hard to get back!
Privacy Policy