AAT LEVEL 4 Optional Units

Billy
Billy Registered Posts: 21 Regular contributor ⭐
Hey Guys Hope your all well and working hard towards your AAT assessments. I just wanted some advice with regards to the optional units that are part of level 4.I started level 4 in February 14 and so far have sat the budgeting unit (awaiting results) and have done half of my ICAS project. I know the other 2 mandatory units for me to sit are Financial performance and the financial statements units. With regards to the optional units I just wanted to ask for some advice on which 2 are straightforward to sit? Please reply back ASAP! Kind regards

Comments

• Kris1990
    Kris1990 Registered Posts: 52 Epic contributor 🐘
    I believe credit control is classed as the easiest of the optional units, the text book is quite small and the content is easy to learn however the exam has three written sections whereas the other level 4 units have two. It took me 50 - 70 minutes to finish all my level 4 exams apart from credit control, it took a good 1 hour and 45 mins to finish the credit control exam as there is so much to write. If you are comfortable with the written aspects of the level 4 exams then credit control would be a good choice.

I also sat personal tax which I found very boring. I believe external auditing is another 'easy' module, from what I've read it's a very dry subject but I didn't sit the module so don't take my word for it.

Good luck with the two you choose.
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    I took both the taxes......I like a challenge. the others seemed like the quicker option I thought I would give the taxes a go, only just passed personal tax mind, business tax is hard but I am glad I am doing it I have learnt so much. I am going to buy the cash management book just to read once i am done to gain a little knowledge.

• welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    For what it's worth, I would suggest you think about where you are/want to use your AAT qualification as this may influence you decision

If you're working in industry (i.e. a finance department) I think the Cash Management and Credit Control units are your best options. However, if you're working in an accountancy practice (or intend to start your own practice) surely the taxes are the way to go?

Just my thoughts on the decision making process.
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Billy

In that case, i would suggets Credit Control and Cash Management (AQ2013). These are certainly the easier options and remember, you could always self study the taxes later on (maybe even sign up for the new 'small Level 4 qualificaiton in Taxation and Ethics due to launch in September).
  • Billy
    Billy Registered Posts: 21 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Billy

In that case, i would suggets Credit Control and Cash Management (AQ2013). These are certainly the easier options and remember, you could always self study the taxes later on (maybe even sign up for the new 'small Level 4 qualificaiton in Taxation and Ethics due to launch in September).

Thanks a lot mate I have decided upon sitting the cash management as the other optional unit.

wish me look

Thanks once again
  • Makkusu
    Makkusu Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Both taxes because they make my job easier and they make up a decent chunk of further studies. :thumbup1:
Privacy Policy