Wrong answer BTX green light 2013

topcat
topcat Registered Posts: 452
ref 1278

"the van will qualify for the annual investment allowance. Cars with CO2 emissions less than 96g/km will qualify for the first year allowance. Cars with CO2 emissions greater than 130g/km will qualify for allowances at the special rate of 8%"

Explanation is wrong should be 95kg or less for FYA.

In the question the car has 100kg and you have given the correct answer with FYA when it should be 18% WDA

cheers

Comments

• CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    Topcat,

Whilst there are a number of errors in the Greenlights, if I'm reading you're question right I don't think this is one of them:

Less than 96g/km is the same as 95g/km or less, just worded differently.

The question states 'van', which is eligible for AIA (not FYA). Agreed if it were a car this wouldn't be eligible for FYA and would go into the normal rate pool.
  • topcat
    CeeJaySix wrote: »
    Topcat,

Whilst there are a number of errors in the Greenlights, if I'm reading you're question right I don't think this is one of them:

Less than 96g/km is the same as 95g/km or less, just worded differently.

The question states 'van', which is eligible for AIA (not FYA). Agreed if it were a car this wouldn't be eligible for FYA and would go into the normal rate pool.

Hello Ceejay,

Thank you for explaining :)

Bit confused about the 95kg / 96kg surely the bounary can only be one? or does it not matter + - 1 kg each way?

i was suspicious on my confidence that this was wrong :blushing:
  • CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    95g/km or less is the same as less than 96g/km - neither include 96g/km.
  • topcat
    CeeJaySix wrote: »
    95g/km or less is the same as less than 96g/km - neither include 96g/km.

of course it is , i am sure i am having more of these moments !
Privacy Policy