Financial Performance

Options
angi13
angi13 Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
HI everybody, I am back studying after having my daughter, can anybody help me with Financial Performance. I am still on maternity leave, so i am trying to pass all the exams left from level 4, before returning to work in October !

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Clintm15
    Clintm15 Registered Posts: 248 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi,

Congratulations on the new life. I will help out, all you need do is ask. ;)
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
  • angi13
    angi13 Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi,

Thank you very much! I have just started studying , but i am not sure if the books from 2011 are still good!
    Do you know what books are good to study from?

Thank you again
  • Clintm15
    Clintm15 Registered Posts: 248 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I used exclusively Osborne books for AAT and found them to be perfect. I would recommend them highly.

In terms of the date of the books you should probably get an up to date book. Although somebody else will likely know more about this than me. :)
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    My first advice is to master variance analysis. It is worth half the marks on the exam so I used half my class time to make sure tasks 1 2 3 4 and 6 were passable. I don't recommend learning lots of formulas, I think if you understand variances calculating values follows logically. The other thing this does is that it means you don't have to learn the responses to task 6 after you've done the calculation tasks. Instead all the tasks make sense together because they are all part of a bigger understanding of variances. I'm looking into running a revision day for Financial Performance. If anyone is interested please email me on sandy@sandyhood.com I can go to most places in the UK. But I've had enquiries in the Portsmouth area so I'll probably run one there in the next couple of weeks.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy