Strange one but...

Kelly7
Kelly7 Registered Posts: 218 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Hi all

I'm in a bit of a predicament and I thought I'd ask if anyone on here had had a similar experience or had any ideas?

I currently work in a small finance department of 4 people and I do general things like putting invoices on sage and paying them, posting bank payments etc. Obviously after studying my AAT for 3 years I would like to be able to use some of the things I've learnt so it hasn't been a waste of time and I don't forget it all.

I have looked at other jobs but they are all paying less than I am earning at the moment and I can't really afford to take a drop in money so my idea was to to try and get work experience somewhere but I'm too sure how to go about this and if anyone would even accept me. With working full time it would have to be on a weekend or I could possibly try one afternoon a week if I work it with my current work place but I'm not sure where I would ask and if anyone would want someone for these sort of timings.

Any ideas / experiences or thoughts would be gratefully received.

Thank you

Kelly

Comments

• Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Have you looked at www.do-it.org for volunteering opportunities. I got my first volunteering role through them. There is a lot of rubbish on there so you need to sort through the adverts that just want someone to rattle a charity tin, even though they are advertising it as a finance role! When I was looking there was a great role for a big charity who wanted someone to help with all aspects of their finance office and the work could be done during evenings and weekends. Unfortunately it was slightly too far for me to justify travelling to but would have been a great opportunity for someone who wanted some all round experience. Have a look, you might get lucky and find something which is exactly what you're looking for.
  • Kelly7
    Ooh thank you. Will definitely check out that site. X
  • Kelly7
    Anyone else? X
Privacy Policy