Income and Expenditure and balance Sheet presentation

Options
ChidinmaE
ChidinmaE Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi All,

Please I need some help.

I will be going for an interview next week with a Charity and have been asked to prepare a 5 min presentation on their Audited Financial Statements 2013 which they have sent to me commenting on their Income and Expenditure and balance sheet for the year and on how it compares to 2012. Please I would like to have some tips on what I should look out for while going through their statements as pointers to present and whether to use a power point or Excel spreadsheet presentation?

I will be grateful for any tips. I'm desperate

Thank you
Elsie:001_smile:

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    As a starting point you could look at the sorts of financial performance indicators that you covered in the Financial Performance exam, GP %age, Current ratio, Gearing, whatever else you think is relevant. Personally I wouldn't do a power point or any other kind of electronic presentation as it's only 5 minutes long. But that could just be me as I'm old :-(
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    5 mins is fairly long in my opinion! I think I would use powerpoint but I would distribute hard-copies of the report as well as some people like to have all of the information in one place. Remember you're likely to be talking to non-accountants so put a good commentary with your ratio analysis.
  • ChidinmaE
    ChidinmaE Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thanks a lot for all your comments and contributions. Much appreciated​
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    How did you get on?
Privacy Policy