Sample assessments

murrayc81
murrayc81 Registered Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in General discussion
Hi I was wondering if someone could help me, I have been trying to access sample assessment for accounting certificate level 2. I can access the first page where it tells you who you work for and how many questions there is etc....however there is then nowhere to enter the assessment. Please can someone help.

Comments

• RosieCarlisle
    RosieCarlisle Registered Posts: 60
    I'm having the same problem! There doesn't seem to be a 'next' button or anything. Hopefully it's fixed soon - I have my exam in just over a week!
  • ChristianB
    ChristianB Registered Posts: 197 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi both

Are you using Internet Explorer?

On older versions of the browser our sample assessments struggle to fit the screen properly. You can remedy this by pressing F11 which will expand your screen.

Alternatively, you can use a different browser. I'd recommend either Firefox or Chrome.

Let me know if you have any further questions or if the above doesn't work.

Regards
    I have now left AAT. If you require any assistance with the forums, please contact membership support: https://www.aat.org.uk/contact-us
  • RosieCarlisle
    I'm using an up-to-date version of Chrome, and having the problem! However, when I change it to full screen it does work.

Just a suggestion: There should probably be an instruction to do this on the first page of the test. Because not to sound stupid, but I was stuck for 10 minutes not knowing how to access it, and I won't be the only one!
  • ChristianB
    edited October 2014
    Hi @RosieCarlisle

This is a problem we're familiar with however it does only affect a small percentage of users. The issue we face is that everyone uses different browsers on different operation systems with different screens. We can make sure that it's going to work 99% of the time for most circumstances but unfortunately it's the 1% of time like this thread where we need to advise pressing F11!

Can I just ask what device you were using?

Regards
    I have now left AAT. If you require any assistance with the forums, please contact membership support: https://www.aat.org.uk/contact-us
  • RosieCarlisle
    Hi Christian,

I'm using a normal HP laptop, quite up to date, and Google Chrome. :)

Rosie
  • ChristianB
    Thanks @RosieCarlisle. It does seem to be a problem on laptops and anything with a smaller screen. I'll pass this on to the team, hopefully we can nip it all in the bud soon and stop the problem from happening on any device. :smile:
  • RosieCarlisle
    Hi, I might as well ask another related question here too!

I just took my first practice test, and when I came to the end it said 'congratulations, you've been assessed as competent' or similar, and then the test finishes. Is that the only information provided? How do we find out if we got any questions wrong, so we can learn from them? Answers are provided on the website in a Word doc but I can't access my original test to compare the answers with - if I go back to the same test, it just starts me from scratch with blank answers.

Any help appreciated - I might just be missing something obvious!
  • ChristianB
    edited October 2014
    Hi @RosieCarlisle

Sample assessments are there mostly to familiarise the candidate with how the assessment will look on the day and how to navigate through it, as well as revising the material. The AAT Qualification is competency-based and as such no individual marks are given.

However, when you take an actual assessment your training provider/assessment centre will be able to give you a breakdown as to how you did in each section of the unit, so you know where you need to improve for the future (should you need to resit the assessment).

Regards

Privacy Policy