SPSW - (AQ2010) - HELP...I FEEL MAD.

Hello!

I have been an active lurker for sometime but am now in need of some help - any help is welcome.

I am due to sit my last exam for level 3 (AQ2010) - Spreadsheets......on Wednesday. I decided to put off doing the AAT practice exam until now and its left me so confused.

The exam never seems to make reference to a 'workbook' only 'worksheets' - (forgive me if I seem a little OTT but scared the details will let me down) - anyway, in the first question - you have JAM1, JAM2 etc - it initally says 'save worksheet as JAM1' - ok - so I took this to mean the 'workbook' and did so. then 'copy this to a new worksheet and display formula - save as JAM2' - so I did a new worksheet in the same workbook and kept saved as 'JAM1' but with each tab labelled either JAM1 or JAM2.....

realise this is a ramble - sorry.

the Ebid bid stuff wasn't clear either - had to look at answers to see that this was still in the JAM1 spreadsheet - and there is a whole load of reference to JP Computers - which isn't even in the spreadsheet at all. It also says - format all numerical cells to nearest £ (i took out the decimal places) - the answers didn't appear to change anything - this is what is freaking me out.

THEN Parkins Motors....'Open sales commission data' - copy and paste salesforce worksheet into a new worksheet - does it mean sheet or book because the answers suggest book?

Sorry for massive panic driven rant but am getting annoyed with it. I am hung up on these details and it is slowing me down - if a simple text book can be clear - why can't the AAT questions?

If anyone can tell me how they feel or if they understand why I feel nuts - I would really appreciate any help.

Kirst
x

Comments

• ariadne
    ariadne Registered Posts: 218
    Work book is the excel file which holds all the work sheets, think of it as being the 'book' with the 'sheets' of paper inside. So you open and save the workbook and then all the sheets you need to create are usually inside it. I think, from when I took this exam last year, you are told what the workbook should be saved as by the invigilators, something with your name and AAT number perhaps. I'm sure it was just one work book for my exam. The staff will help you to save it with the right name and in the right place at the end of the exam - it's uploaded to AAT and sent to your provider to mark.

When you say you took out the decimal places did you you use the formatting tool from the tool bar above? Did your answers match the given answers?

Do you have someone who can go through the paper with you? I had help with this from an excel expert and it really helped. Do you have a tutor? Another thing to check is which version the exam centre uses as things move around a little. I was lucky as we had the latest version (2010 I think) which is the one used by the kaplan centre I went to, although I practiced on the later version too (2007 as used in the text book). My exam was very similar to the practice questions so if you get the same format then these practice exams are useful to really understand. Remember that this is marked by a person and there are sometimes more than one way to do a task.
  • CaptainKirst
    CaptainKirst Registered Posts: 4
    hiya,

Thank you for your reply. I was doing the only practice exam on the AAT website but have since done one at the back of one of my osborne book. The exam in the book was pretty much the same but was better worded. Especially when it came to sheets and books.

I am studying with Eagle and sitting the exam with Kaplan - hopefully they will explain it to me when I get going. Got myself in a panic over the small things. Hopefully if it all is one workbook - it will instantly remove any anxiety I have and probably explains why it doesn't make reference to a workbook because it doesn't need to...hahaha.

I feel a bit calmer now....probably because the exam is in less than 12 hours - so if I don't know it now, then I will just have to do it again.

Thank you for your reply though - thought I was a bit mad!

Kirsty
    x
  • CaptainKirst
    I thought I would just update my post in case anyone finds this in the future.

I was very much 'over' worrying - the questions in my exam all related to one company and was all on one workbook with various sheets. As had been mentioned to me - the workbook is named as your name, date etc - this is shown on the exam sheet. I think the reason I was confused is that I felt the practice exam didn't make this clear - hence the huge freak out.

Thankfully it all became clear in the exam and with the instructions in front of me.

For anyone else about to sit it - the practice exams content really helps.

Kirsty
    x
  • darrengadd1
    darrengadd1 Registered Posts: 18 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Kirsty,

The practice exam content from the AAT website?

I have booked mine for the middle of December (Also 2010).

I have speant alot of time on SPSW textbooks from what I have read it seems straight forward enough. I have been worrying myself.

Darren,
  • CaptainKirst

Hi Kirsty,

The practice exam content from the AAT website?

I have booked mine for the middle of December (Also 2010).

I have speant alot of time on SPSW textbooks from what I have read it seems straight forward enough. I have been worrying myself.

Darren,

Hi Darren,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner - yeah I didn't think the AAT Practice exam was very clear
    - in whether things should be in the same workbook but the exam did make it clear - mostly because it was all for one company so it made it really easy. Plus naming the files was made clear at the start of the exam.

Unfortunately it was the practice one that made me panic.

Hope it all goes well for you

Kirsty
    x
  • BYERS24
    BYERS24 Registered Posts: 7
    Hi

I'm also a little confused with this practice assessment and the lecturer from the college hasn't been very helpful so I hope you can help me please?

When it is asking to highlight the highest bids in the ebid file I can't seem to get it to work at all! Can someone give me the steps on how to do this please? I'm using excel 2010.

The answer I got from the lecturer was that conditional formatting is straight forward and you click on it from the styles menu (which I already know!).

Thanks
Privacy Policy